10 of the Best Cheap Sunglasses Under $50
We can all agree that a chic pair of sunnies makes for the ultimate accessory that we can’t live without. Try though we may to take good care of our favorites, however, all of that bag-tossing and beach-toting means that by the end of the season, our sunglasses are typically a little worse for wear (or, um, lost). You could say that we’ve finally learned our lesson after our eighth pair of expensive designer ones mysteriously vanished…into thin air, but what matters is that we’ve moved on to wiser fashion choices with inexpensive, trendy selections that don’t skimp on style—or anything else, for that matter. The best cheap sunglasses will still shield your eyes from the sun’s glaring rays, with some even offering UV400 protection (that's the highest level available, FYI), and look great on your face, too. We've scoured the web to find 10 pairs that will do just that—but first, a bit more on how to find the right pair below.
What Sunglasses Fit My Face?
Different sunglasses frames will look different on your face depending on the shape of your visage. We’ve broken down the most common types and the styles that will complement you best below.
- Oval face shape: Oval face shapes are neither super angular or super round, so when it comes to choosing a pair of attractive sunglasses, they’ve got the best of both worlds—almost any style will work for this universal shape. Might we suggest aviators?
- Round face shape: For a round face shape, opt for an angular style, like a rectangle or angular square frame, to add some fullness.
- Square face shape: Lend a bit of softness to a sharp or angled face shape by opting for a round, oval or cat eye glasses frame.
- Heart face shape: Avoid detracting from your face’s unique angles with a wide rectangular design that’s sure to complement your narrow jaw and add balance or with a round pair for softness.
Ready to find your perfect match? These stylish pairs, which are either tried-and-tested by PureWow editors or thoroughly vetted with all of the above points in mind, look fabulous but won’t cost a fortune. We’ll take one of each, please!
The Best Cheap Sunglasses at a Glance
- Best Cat Eye Sunglasses: Livhò Narrow Cat Eye Sunglasses
- Best Round Sunglasses: Geelook Round Sunglasses
- Best Rectangle Sunglasses: Dollger Rectangle Sunglasses
- Best Heart Sunglasses: zeroUV Lolita Heart Sunglasses
- Best Cheap Aviator Sunglasses: WearMePro Aviator Sunglasses
- Best Oversized Sunglasses: Muse x Hilary Duff Diane Sunglasses
- Best Colorful Sunglasses: SOJOS Half-Metal Cat Eye Sunglasses
- Best Square Sunglasses: Mosanana Square Sunglasses
- Best Rhinestone Sunglasses: SOJOS Round Rhinestone Sunglasses
- Best Semi-Rimless Sunglasses: JOOPIN Semi-Rimless Sunglasses
1. Livhò Narrow Cat Eye Sunglasses
Best Cat Eye Sunglasses
- Looks expensive
- 100 percent UV400 eye protection
- More than 20 colors available
- Run narrow
Cat eye glasses are a no-brainer for oval and square face shapes in particular. “This cat-eye pair looks (and feels) way more expensive than $10, and I know of at least three people who’ve bought the same pair after seeing mine,” raves Senior Editor Sarah Steifvater. They’re equipped with maximum UV400 protection, and come in more than 20 different colors.
2. Geelook Round Sunglasses
Best Round Sunglasses
- Polarized to reduce glare
- Wide color selection
- Flimsier frame
These round polarized glasses are designed to minimize any would-be glare and guard against harmful UVA and UVB rays. The oversize lenses work to lessen reflections from glass, too, which makes them ideal for your road trip needs—especially if you’ve got a square face shape.
3. Dollger Rectangle Sunglasses
Best Rectangle Sunglasses
- Sturdy plastic frame
- 100 percent UV 400 protection
- Not ideal for narrow faces
Remember those teeny, tiny sunglasses that no one besides the Hadids and Kardashian-Jenners could pull off? Yeah, they’ve been dethroned by these easier-to-wear rectangular styles, which will look incredible on those with round heads. This wide pair, which will be ideal on heart-shaped and wide round faces, has a sturdy plastic frame and 100 percent UV400 protection.
4. zeroUV Lolita Heart Sunglasses
Best Heart Sunglasses
- High-quality build
- Do not offer 100 percent UV400 protection
We love the kitschy, oversized vibes of these heart-shaped sunglasses, which come in six different shades and are surprisingly high-quality for the price.
5. WearMePro Aviator Sunglasses
Best Cheap Aviator Sunglasses
- Timeless shape
- Optional mirrored reflective lens
- Scratch easily
"I love the classic shape and matte black rims of these sunglasses," says PureWow's Managing Editor Catrina Yohay. "In the past, I've struggled to find a simple pair of aviators that can pull together an outfit without any bells and whistles. Finally, I found them—these will never go out of style, plus you can't beat that price!" Choose from a classic black lens or really go for those Top Gun vibes with a mirrored look. Either way, you’ll get polarized lenses to reduce any glare.
6. Muse x Hilary Duff Diana Sunglasses
Best Oversized Sunglasses
- Can be fitted with Rx lenses
- 14 days to try on at home
- Angular frame won’t suit square face shapes as well
The bigger the sunglasses, the harder it is to lose them (at least in theory, anyway). These Diana options from Muse x Hilary Duff are just large enough to give you that movie star glam but not too big so as to look over-the-top. This quality pick can also be fitted with your Rx prescription, which you can also try out for up to 14 days at home. Hey, if they’re good enough for Lizzie McGuire, they’re good enough for us!
7. SOJOS Half-Metal Cat Eye Sunglasses
Best Colorful Sunglasses
- Comes with case
- 100 percent UV400 protection
- Six colors
- Not built to last
We haven’t stopped wearing cat eye frames since we discovered our grandma’s favorite pair, but oversized rounded versions, like this colorful SOJOS design, are just as flattering and still en vogue. UV400 protection rounds out this pair's appeal.
8. Mosanana Square Glasses
Best Square Sunglasses
- UV400 protection
- Ray-Ban dupe
- Nose pads are not the most comfortable
Those with round face shapes will adore the complementary square design of these glasses, which will speak to fans of classic Ray-Ban styles. They offer maximum protection from the sun and polarization to cut down on glare. They come in three lens options.
9. SOJOS Round Rhinestone Sunglasses
Best Rhinestone Sunglasses
- Fancy design
- UV400 Protection
- Small nosepiece
You’ll be turning heads in these rhinestone-embellished frames, which feature UV400-protected lenses and plenty of style. The kicker? They only look like a million bucks, ringing in at less than $20.
10. Joopin Semi-Rimless Sunglasses
Best Semi-Rimless Sunglasses
- Polarized 9-layer lens
- Nearly 20 colors
- UV400 protection
- Slight gap between lens and frame
These chic finds look similar to Ray-Bans’ classic Wayfarer style but are much easier on your wallet. They’ve got a nine-layer lens with polarization and UV400 protection, too. Better yet, you can choose from nearly 20 different frame and lens colors to best suit your style.