ICYMI, those cowboy boots you’ve seen on the streets over the past few years are only growing in popularity (even in the bridal world). At this point, you can find a plethora of western-inspired options to shop everywhere from Nordstrom and Bloomindales to Madewell and Reformation. To fully embrace your inner cowgirl, we’ve broken down some ways to wear the trend—and, of course, where to buy a pair. So whether you’re someone who thinks there’s no such thing as being overdressed or you’re more of a jeans-and-a-T-shirt kind of gal, giddy-up for 16 of our favorite cowboy boots for women to suit your personality.
Giddy-Up ‘Cause We Found the 16 Best Cowboy Boots for Women to Wear This Fall
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
How to Wear Cowboy Boots
They may not be as practical at first glance as our beloved Chelsea boot, but cowboy boots are not as intimidating as you might initially think. From cozy casual to formal elegance, cowboy boots have a certain versatility that make them, dare we say it, the Renaissance shoe. Don’t believe us? We’ve broken down eight ways to style your cowboy boots so you will never have to feel like the one trick pony.
- Pair with a mini dress. We may be in denial that the summer suns have set for good this year, but that doesn’t mean your favorite seasonal pieces have to follow suit. We suggest pairing the traditional western style with dainty feminine cuts or bow embellishments for a fun juxtaposition.
- Modernize vintage-inspired silhouettes. Vintage vibes have been spotted everywhere recently—from the streets of NYFW to the depths of our TikTok feeds, Bridgerton-inspired corsets and midi skirts are having a moment. Meld the trends for a stunning contrast between the delicate, lived-in pieces and the stiff boots.
- Wear under maxi dresses or skirts. A chic and dramatic maxi dress or skirt makes for an unforgettable statement look—especially when paired with cowboy boots. Not to mention, it’s such a chic and easy outfit to throw on that will take you from that job interview to dinner date all in a day’s work.
- Match them to your clothes. There’s nothing cooler than looking effortlessly put together, and these models know all the tricks. If you prefer a monochromatic, neutral look, this one is for you. Simplicity is key.
- Don the blazer and shorts combo. If you want to look polished yet casual, pair your cowboy boots with an oversize blazer and longer jean shorts. Business on top, party on the bottom.
- Layer under or over jeans. No need to break the bank to keep up with the trends. Grab your most lived-in pair of denim and toss on boots instead of sneakers. For a peek-a-boo ‘fit, wear your cowboy boots with your favorite puddle pants or tuck in your baggy jeans to really draw the eye towards your feet.
- Couple with a leather trench. Complement the leather of the cowboy boot with that of a leather trench so you can give those leather blazers a break. We especially love how the hem of the trench coat hits right at the start of the cowboy boots.
- Show off with a mini skirt. Brands like Mui Mui continue to favor the miniskirt look, and there’s no denying how fun it is coupled with cowboy boots. While we know this length can be totally daunting to slip on, follow the nine rules for wearing mini skirts to feel your most confident and look sophisticated.
Best Cowboy Boots at a Glance:
- Best Black Cowboy Boots: Coconuts by Matisse Black Pointed Toe Boot
- Best White Cowboy Boots: Nasty Gal Faux Leather White Cowboy Boots
- Best Mid-Calf Cowboy Boots: Urban Outfitters Sierra Mid-Calf Cowboy Boot
- Best Short Cowboy Boots: Dolce Vita Short Cowboy Boots
- Best Pink Cowboy Boots: Steve Madden West Pink Leather
- Best Fringe Cowboy Boots: Jeffrey Campbell Fringe Cattle Boot
- Best Silver Cowboy Boots: Reformation Otto Mini Silver Western Boot
- Best Square Toe Cowboy Boots: Cleo + Wolf Square Toe Boot
- Best Brown Cowboy Boots: Ganni Brown Suede Cowboy Boots
- Best Off-White Cowboy Boots: Dolce Vita Navene Boots
- Best Lilac Cowboy Boots: Idyllwind Lilac Round Toe Western Boots
- Best Knee-High Cowboy Boots: Steve Madden Lasso Knee-High Suede Cowboy Boot
- Best Tall Cowboy Boots: Billini Tall Off-White Cowboy Boots
- Best Over-the-Knee Cowboy Boots: Isabel Marant Over-the-Knee Leather Cowboy Boots
- Best Trendy Cowboy Boots: Song of Style Lasso Boot
- Best Animal Print Cowboy Boots: Jeffery Campbell Dagget F Cowboy Boots
Our Favorite Cowboy Boots to Shop:
Best animal print cowboy boots
Brave enough to wear the animal print trend on your feet? These sleek cowboy boots (emphasis on the cow), make it easy.
Want to know which buzzy products are *really* worth buying? Sign up for our shopping newsletter to uncover our favorite finds.