The 20 Best Tweets About ‘Tiger King’ the Internet Has to Offer
*Warning: Mild spoilers ahead*
If you’ve retained internet access during this time of social distancing, you’ve probably been hearing a lot about a little Netflix docuseries called Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness. At first glance, it looks like a documentary about zoo workers and some tigers, but it’s so, so much more. Without giving anything away, the docuseries centers on someone named Joe Exotic, who Netflix calls “a mulleted, gun-toting polygamist and a country-western singer who presides over an Oklahoma roadside zoo.” (Well, that’s a lot to unpack.) Things take an even more unexpected turn when Carole Baskin, Joe’s arch nemesis, threatens to run them out of business and sets a—wait for it—murder mystery into motion. You really can’t make this stuff up.
It’s safe to say that Joe and his ragtag collection of conmen, cult leaders and big cat enthusiasts have captured the collective culture’s attention. And, as you might imagine, people have a lot of feelings about the popular docuseries. Here, our 20 favorite Tweets about Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness.
1. A controversial opinion: ‘Love Is Blind’ < ‘Tiger King’
2. The logline just doesn’t do it justice
3. An astute observation in these wild times
4. Come for the tigers, stay for the home décor inspo
5. He simply borrowed a page out of Oprah’s playbook
6. This. Hair.
7.Actually, maybe we shouldn’t poke fun at Joe Exotic’s luscious tresses…
8. Speaking of roots
joe exotic writing a song & making a music video about how his enemy killed her husband & fed him to the tigers is the level of petty i aspire to be #TigerKing #JoeExotic #CaroleKilledHerHusband #CaroleBaskin #HereKittyKitty ???? pic.twitter.com/2HX5WhsY3K? Larissa Vickery (@LMV314) March 26, 2020
10. he’s definitely one-of-a-kind
9. Yep, pretty accurate
11. And while we’re on the subject of Carole…
So Carol, while laughing, says theres no way she killed her husband. An episode later;? Ross Etter (@CBJ_Southpaw3) March 26, 2020
Carol: "if you wanted to feed someone to tigers you'd cover them in sardine oil"
This show is off the rails... #TigerKing pic.twitter.com/mugzP02ZfO
12. Two words: Sardine oil?
Joe Exotic when the court didn?t believe he was innocent of trying to have Carole murdered after years of get loudly and graphically talking about how much he wanted to murder her #TigerKing pic.twitter.com/aOxYUOPXD4? Kristen (@leggywillow) March 25, 2020
13. Oh, Joe
14. He has the Receipts!
15. Let’s Not forget about this iconic moment
16. Or this totally necessary scene
17. Shall we take a moment to applaud Joe’s emergency preparedness wardrobe?
18. A bold statement, but we support it
19. *Adds ‘Here Kitty Kitty’ to Spotify playlist*
20. thank you for this gift, Netflix
Love you. Mean it.