- This week, Prince Charles broke the queen’s “no selfie” rule during a recent trip to Canada. When two women tried to take a photo with him, Prince Charles went against protocol and smiled for the camera.
- Charles Spencer’s twin daughters, Lady Amelia and Lady Eliza, attended an exclusive screening of Top Gun: Maverick at the 2022 Cannes Film Festival. The appearance came 35 years after their late aunt, Princess Diana, attended the same festival.
- Sophie, Countess of Wessex visited the Charlbury community center in Oxfordshire. The royal went into full-on parent mode while embracing a small child outside the facility.
Royal News Roundup: Will & Kate Attend ‘Top Gun’ Premiere, Prince Charles Breaks Protocol & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of May 26, 2022.
- Prince William and his wife, Kate Middleton, attended the London premiere of Top Gun: Maverick in coordinating black-and-white ensembles.
- At the premiere, Middleton wore a custom-made dress by Roland Mouret. The outfit looked nearly identical to a gown worn by Queen Máxima of the Netherlands in September 2017.
- In honor of Prince William’s 40th birthday on June 21, The Royal Mint has decided to put his face on the £5 coin in the U.K.
- Jennifer Connelly (who recently joined Instagram) shared a rare photo of herself and Princess Diana on social media. She wrote, “My last time at a Royal Premiere! Meeting Princess Diana at the Royal Premiere of Labyrinth in 1986. Honored to be attending the Royal Premiere of Top Gun tonight.”
- As Hello! magazine points out, Middleton usually carries her handbag in her left hand, even though she’s right-handed. The reason? It allows for her to greet people with a firm handshake.
- This week, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended a garden party at Buckingham Palace. Middleton wore a mint green dress, which featured long puffy sleeves and a ruffled collar.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
Shop Kate Middleton-Inspired Fashion:
More Stories You'll Love
Who Is Tan France’s Husband, Rob France? Here’s Everything You Need to Know
Sherri Shepherd Supports Preacher Whose Wig Fell Off by Recreating the Moment on Her Live Talk Show
New Baby Alert! ‘Queer Eye’ Star Tan France Welcomes Second Child Via Surrogate
King Charles Dedicates Special Musical Tribute to Late Singer Tina Turner
Proud Mom Beyoncé Celebrates Daughter Blue Ivy Making Onstage Debut at ‘Renaissance’ Tour
Psst...The 48 Best Memorial Day Sales Haven't Ended Just Yet