- This week, Prince Charles broke the queen’s “no selfie” rule during a recent trip to Canada. When two women tried to take a photo with him, Prince Charles went against protocol and smiled for the camera.
- Charles Spencer’s twin daughters, Lady Amelia and Lady Eliza, attended an exclusive screening of Top Gun: Maverick at the 2022 Cannes Film Festival. The appearance came 35 years after their late aunt, Princess Diana, attended the same festival.
- Sophie, Countess of Wessex visited the Charlbury community center in Oxfordshire. The royal went into full-on parent mode while embracing a small child outside the facility.
Royal News Roundup: Will & Kate Attend ‘Top Gun’ Premiere, Prince Charles Breaks Protocol & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of May 26, 2022.
- Prince William and his wife, Kate Middleton, attended the London premiere of Top Gun: Maverick in coordinating black-and-white ensembles.
- At the premiere, Middleton wore a custom-made dress by Roland Mouret. The outfit looked nearly identical to a gown worn by Queen Máxima of the Netherlands in September 2017.
- In honor of Prince William’s 40th birthday on June 21, The Royal Mint has decided to put his face on the £5 coin in the U.K.
- Jennifer Connelly (who recently joined Instagram) shared a rare photo of herself and Princess Diana on social media. She wrote, “My last time at a Royal Premiere! Meeting Princess Diana at the Royal Premiere of Labyrinth in 1986. Honored to be attending the Royal Premiere of Top Gun tonight.”
- As Hello! magazine points out, Middleton usually carries her handbag in her left hand, even though she’s right-handed. The reason? It allows for her to greet people with a firm handshake.
- This week, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended a garden party at Buckingham Palace. Middleton wore a mint green dress, which featured long puffy sleeves and a ruffled collar.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Anne Hathaway’s New Bangs Pay Tribute to ‘The Devil Wears Prada’
Rihanna and A$AP Rocky Are Giving Us Old Hollywood Vibes in New Short Film
Princess Diana’s Brother Posts Childhood Photo with Sister—and We Can See Where Prince Harry Gets His Red Hair
Queen Camilla’s Son Tom Made a Cameo in This Prime Video Show
Prince Harry Reveals What Really Happened to His Bedroom After He Moved Out: ‘I Tried Not to Care’
Meghan Markle Brings Her Two Children on a Ski Trip—and Poses for a Photo on the Slopes