- Prince William made his first public appearance since his wife, Kate Middleton, was released from the hospital. The royal hosted an investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle, where he awarded honors like CBEs, OBEs and MBEs to recipients for their continued work and public service.
- Prince William then attended London’s Air Ambulance Charity Gala Dinner and gave a rare mention of his wife and father amid their health issues. “I’d like to take this opportunity to say thank you, also, for the kind messages of support for Catherine and for my father, especially in recent days,” he said.
- Princess Diana’s brother, Charles Spencer, honored their late father by sharing painted portraits of the 8th Earl Spencer on social media. The post marked what would have been John Spencer’s 100th birthday.
Royal News Roundup: Palace Shares Striking King Charles Portrait, Prince William Finally Speaks Out About Kate Middleton & More
Plus, Prince Harry's quick trip to London
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of February 8, 2024.
- Buckingham Palace released a statement announcing that King Charles is undergoing treatment after being diagnosed with cancer. The team didn’t specify the type of cancer the monarch has been diagnosed with, but they noted it’s a “separate issue” from his enlarged prostate.
- Along with the official statement, Buckingham Palace released a striking portrait of King Charles wearing a blue suit. The photo was taken by royal photographer Samir Hussein, and it featured His Majesty standing in an open doorway donning a subtle smile.
- Prince Harry was spotted in London earlier this week after learning about his father’s cancer diagnosis. The photo (taken by James Manning) showed two black SUVs believed to be carrying the royal spare arriving at Clarence House, where the king currently resides.
- The Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood celebrated the one-year anniversary of Princess Catherine’s campaign, Shaping Us. The facility shared a video on social media featuring highlights from the last 12 months.
- According to royal expert Katie Nichol, who spoke to The Mirror back in July 2022, the Princess of Wales had a different name in mind for her firstborn child. Instead of George, she almost named him Alexander.
- In a resurfaced excerpt from his memoir, Spare, Prince Harry revealed that he always imagined he’d be married and have children before his older brother, Prince William. The Duke of Sussex explained that his father, King Charles, was already 35 by the time he was born, and Prince Harry wanted to be a younger and more active father to his own kids.
- In another resurfaced excerpt, Prince Harry addressed the gossip surrounding his paternity. Although it’s been speculated that Harry is not King Charles’s biological child, the Duke of Sussex set the record straight and confirmed the rumors are “wholly made up.”
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Meghan Markle Brings Her Two Children on a Ski Trip—and Poses for a Photo on the Slopes
Royal Rep Sets the Record Straight About Kate Middleton's Recovery
Royal News Roundup: Prince William’s New Portrait, Kate Middleton’s Health Update & More
Simone Biles Proves Blue Is Definitely Her Color in Dueling Bikini and Evening Wear Looks
Prince William Captured in Gorgeous Solo Photo During First Appearance Since Dealing with ‘Personal Matter’
Striking Portraits of Kate Middleton & Prince William Standing Alone for Engagement Announcement Resurface