- This week, the royal family attended a Service of Thanksgiving to celebrate the life of the late Prince Philip, and Prince William and Kate Middleton were joined by their eldest children—Prince George, 8, and Princess Charlotte, 6.
- The rare appearance from the Cambridge kids showed how quickly they've grown up, as Prince George sported a navy blue suit with an aqua top and polka dot tie, while Princess Charlotte donned a dark blue topcoat with matching stockings.
- Both Prince George and Princess Charlotte were also recognized for their similarity to Prince William (sorry, Kate). Not only did the young prince sport the same haircut his father wore at that age, but Princess Charlotte made the same smirk as her dad (seen in the photo above).
Royal News Roundup: Prince George & Princess Charlotte’s Rare Appearance, the New Princess Diana Miniseries & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of March 31, 2022
Samir Hussein/Getty Images
Karwai Tang/Getty Images
- Prior to the service, Prince William and Kate Middleton wrapped up their Caribbean tour, where the Duchess of Cambridge ended the week in a stunning, aquamarine Emilia Wickstead dress.
- Middleton also repeated the go-to parenting move she pulled out earlier that week, by kneeling down to chat with local eight-year-old girl, Aniah Moss.
- During the latter half of their tour, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge also went for a scuba diving excursion in Belize. As the couple swam in the South Water Caye, publications like The Daily Mail noticed that Middleton kept her engagement ring on for the swim. But while this seemed like a risky game, some fans speculated that the duchess was wearing a fake sparkler.
- Meanwhile, Prince William and Middleton put their love on full display during the trip, where a series of photos showed the pair looking into each other's eyes (while also wearing *very* similar ensembles to the ones from their wedding day).
- Upon their return to England, Prince William shared a super rare statement, where he demonstrated his and Middleton's hope to serve nations of the Commonwealth.
- Charles Spencer (AKA Princess Diana's older brother) kept quite busy on social media, where he dug up a collection of vintage photos, including a snap of his grandmother, Cynthia Spencer, meeting with Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother at No. 617 Squadron in May 1943.
- The 9th Earl Spencer also shared extremely rare photos of his father, the late John Spencer, on Instagram. The first photo featured John in his military garb as a young man, followed by a painted portrait of him much later in life.
- It was also announced that Spencer's late sister, Princess Diana, will be covered in a new miniseries, courtesy of Headline Pictures and Itineraire Productions. Titled Who Killed Lady Di?, the show will take place following the princess's passing in 1997, using a “blur” of fiction and historical facts.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
Shop Kate Middleton-Inspired Fashion:
More Stories You'll Love
King Charles and Queen Camilla Pose for Special Photo with Another VIP Royal Couple
Halle Berry Packs on PDA with Boyfriend on IG (After He’s Been MIA from Her Feed for Months)
‘Sullivan’s Crossing’ (aka the Next 'Virgin River') Is Renewed for Season 2 Before Season 1 Even Airs in America
Serena Williams Shows Off Her Growing Baby Bump in IG Pics with Daughter Olympia
Royal News Roundup: Princess Eugenie Welcomes Second Child, Prince Harry Makes History & More
Kelly Ripa Loses it on Morning Show After Mark Consuelos Reveals His Wrestling Singlet