- Pippa Middleton and her husband, James Matthews, welcomed their second child: a baby girl named Grace Elizabeth James. The newborn shares a middle name with Auntie Kate Middleton.
- Camilla Parker Bowles revealed that she’s taking a one-month break from Instagram. The Duchess of Cornwall announced the news on the Reading Room’s official social media page, saying, “We’re going to have a bit of a break now to catch up with a bit more reading. We haven’t gone completely. There are going to be lots of small, exciting things coming up on the Reading Room, so please don’t desert us because I promise you, we won’t leave you with a blank page.”
- Kate Middleton and Prince William rang in St. Patrick’s Day with a virtual appearance. In the video, the couple donned different shades of green: a neon blazer for Middleton, and a dark sweater for William.
Royal News Roundup: Pippa Gives Birth, Kate’s Kids Make a Vibrant Cake & Eugenie Shares New Photo of Son
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of March 18, 2021.
Mark Cuthbert/UK Press/Getty Images
- On Tuesday, Princess Eugenie celebrated the U.K.’s Mother’s Day by sharing a never-before-seen photo of her new son, August Philip Hawke Brooksbank. She wrote, “I’m so excited to be August’s mum and as you can see I’m enjoying my first Mother’s Day. I’m also celebrating my beautiful Mumma with this picture of us from March 1990. You’ve taught me so much. Happy Mother’s Day to all.”
- The official @kensingtonroyal Instagram account shared a photo of the vibrant cake that Prince George (7), Princess Charlotte (5) and Prince Louis (2) made for their mom. The caption read, “Celebrating two other special mothers today. Cake made by George, Charlotte and Louis.”
- The royal family also posted pictures of the homemade cards that George, Charlotte and Louis made for their late grandma, Princess Diana. It read, “Each year on Mother’s Day, George, Charlotte and Louis make cards remembering their Granny, Diana, for William. Whatever your circumstances, we are thinking of you this Mother’s Day.”
Harpo Productions/Joe Pugliese
- In the aftermath of Oprah Winfrey’s tell-all conversation with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Gayle King confirmed that the Duke of Sussex has since spoken to his dad, Prince Charles, and his brother, Prince William. She said, “Well, I’m not trying to break news, but I did actually call them to see how they were feeling, and it’s true, Harry has talked to his brother and he has talked to his father too. The word I was given was that those conversations were not productive. But they are glad that they have at least started a conversation.”
- To top it off, the New York Post reported that Prince Harry and Prince William will stand “side-by-side” at the unveiling of the Princess Diana memorial statue in July.
- We also learned that Markle is saving a special family heirloom for her unborn daughter: a Cartier watch. “I’ve always coveted the Cartier French Tank watch,” she told People. “When I found out Suits had been picked up for our third season—which, at the time, felt like such a milestone—I totally splurged and bought the two-tone version. I had it engraved on the back, ‘To M.M. From M.M.’ and I plan to give it to my daughter one day. That’s what makes pieces special, the connection you have to them.”
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
Shop Kate's Favorite Beauty Products:
More Stories You'll Love
Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo Share New Pics from ‘Wicked’ Set: ‘Up to (No) Good’
Tracee Ellis Ross Dedicates Birthday Tribute to Mom Diana with Iconic Throwback
Kelly Ripa Shares Beachside Selfie with Mark Consuelos
Mark Consuelos Reunites with ‘Old Friends’ on Set of ‘Riverdale’ in New BTS Photos
Royal Baby Alert! Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg Welcomes Second Child
Prince Harry Is Back in London But He Likely Won’t Be Seeing His Brother, Prince William