- This week, Kate Middleton attended a portage session at the Orchards Center in Sittingbourne, Kent. The royal switched up her signature hairstyle and opted for an elegant bun.
- Princess Catherine stepped out for an appearance at textile mill AW Hainsworth, where she nearly experienced a wardrobe malfunction. During a tour of the grounds, Princess Catherine realized there was something wrong with her shoe and bent down to fix the issue.
- The first episode of Mike Tindall’s new reality series, Grand Slammers, premiered on the U.K.’s ITV this week, and it featured a surprise appearance by his mother-in-law, Princess Anne.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s The Archewell Foundation announced that it’s donating school supplies and feminine products to children in Nigeria.
Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton’s High Heel Mishap, Princess Anne’s Surprise Appearance & More
Plus, Princess Catherine rocks an elegant bun
Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
Here’s the royal news you need to know for the week of September 28, 2023.
- During their state visit to France, King Charles III and his wife, Camilla Parker Bowles, popped by a centuries-old vineyard in Martillac, called Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte. The royal pair tasted a wine that had a special connection to their wedding year.
- Queen Camilla paid tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth by wearing a diamond brooch that used to belong to the monarch.
- Suits star Patrick J. Adams (who plays Michael “Mike” Ross) shared a series of behind-the-scenes photos that were taken when Markle starred on the legal drama.
- Shortly after, Adams deleted the photos from social media and explained why it was an “embarrassing oversight.”
- Sarah Ferguson presented the 2023 Perfect World Foundation Award to Sex and the City star Kristin Davis. The royal shared a photo of the pair posing together on the red carpet.
- Princess Diana’s brother, Charles Spencer, posted a slideshow on Instagram featuring two pieces of artwork that are displayed at Althorp House. He explained that they were a gift from Elizabeth, the Empress of Austria and Queen of Hungary.
- This week, the Duke of Edinburgh traveled to Turkey to promote his new initiative, The International Award. The royal family shared photos from the trip on their official Instagram page.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
The New Royal Family Portrait Is Wildly Deceptive (& It All Has to Do with Kate & Charles)
How Accurate Is ‘The Crown’? We Investigate
Queen Camilla Shows Off Her Christmas Tree in New Holiday Video
Julia Roberts Serves Kate Middleton Hair and Rocks *Huge* Chopard Statement Necklace
Taylor Swift Is Time’s 2023 Person of the Year (& We’re Not Surprised at All)
Royals Release Striking New Family Portrait But Kate Middleton Steals the Show in Gorgeous Sequin Gown