- Kate Middleton traveled to Norfolk to meet with the 1st the Queen’s Dragoon Guards, where she stepped into her new title as the Colonel-in-Chief. While there, the Princess of Wales (fully decked out in combat gear) partook in military training, which included flying a drone.
- Princess Catherine and Prince William were joined by other royal family members at the annual Remembrance Day service at The Cenotaph. The royal family released a haunting and emotional picture of Catherine standing next to her mother-in-law, Queen Camilla, on a balcony overlooking the service.
- Donning a swimsuit and flippers, the Prince of Wales showed off his underwater skills while snorkeling in Grand Bahama.
- In honor of King Charles’s 75th birthday, Prince William posted a celebratory slideshow on Instagram, which featured a nostalgic throwback photo of the father and son on one of their ski trips.
- The Princess of Wales returned to her classic look and brought back her signature beachy waves while attending the Shaping Us National Symposium at the Design Museum. She also donned stylish earrings that once belonged to Princess Diana.
Royal News Roundup: King Charles Posts Photo of His Ex, Kate Middleton Returns to Her Classic Look & More
Plus, Prince Harry's personal note
RICHARD POHLE/POOL/AFP VIA GETTY IMAGES
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of November 16, 2023.
MAJA SMIEJKOWSKA/POOL/AFP VIA GETTY IMAGES
- Before Remembrance Day, King Charles and his wife, Queen Camilla, attended the unveiling of the new statues dedicated to his late parents, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, at Royal Albert Hall. His Majesty got quite emotional looking up at the statue of his late mother.
- To commemorate the king’s birthday, the royal family released a scrapbook video that featured a photo timeline of the monarch’s life. It also included a surprise cameo from the late Princess Diana.
- Queen Camilla paid a visit to the Royal Voluntary Service to hand out “happy plates” as part of the U.K. charity’s “Safe, Warm and Well” campaign. During her visit, the royal passed around a batch of tasty treats while sporting a “Royal Voluntary Service” apron.
- In an interview with Variety, The Crown creator Peter Morgan explained the reason why he chose to change the ending of the show following the queen’s passing.
- Before Veteran’s Day weekend, Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, visited Camp Pendleton in San Diego, California. The Duke of Sussex paid homage to his homeland by wearing a red poppy pin to commemorate Remembrance Day.
- Prince Harry showed his support for Scotty's Little Soldiers by penning a personal message on the official Archewell Foundation website.
- To commemorate Remembrance Day, Princess Anne attended the Service of Remembrance on the Armed Forces Memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum. That same weekend, she was appointed to a new role: the President of Commonwealth War Graves.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Where Is ‘Stranger Things’ Filmed? Turns Out, Not in Indiana
Paris Hilton Posts Wild Family Pic 2 Days After Her Baby Reveal (and Mom Kathy’s Hair Steals the Show)
Kate Middleton Steps Out in Monochrome Outfit & Her Stylish Boots Steal the Show
Jennifer Lopez Pulls a Beyoncé & a Taylor Swift with a Major Career Announcement
There's a Huge KitchenAid Mixer Sale Happening Right Now, But the Best Deal Is Bound to Sell Out
The Caraway Cookware Cyber Monday Sale Includes Tons of Best Sellers for Up to 20% Off