17 Valentine’s Strawberry Ideas for You and Your Boo
Peanut butter and jelly, coffee and cream, wine and cheese—some pairings are just meant to be. It’s the same thing with strawberries and Valentine’s Day, no? They’re pink, sweet and way tastier than a chalky conversation heart. To celebrate the holiday, here are 17 Valentine’s strawberry ideas for you and your boo (or just you—you don’t have to share).
1. Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
You can’t beat a classic. They’re best served the same day you make them, so feel free to eat more than one.
2. Strawberry, Cardamom and Pistachio Pavlova Bites
They’re the ideal balance of crispy and chewy, and they look *so* fancy.
3. Strawberry Pie with Strawberry Crust
If you really want to impress, make this pretty-in-pink pie for dessert. It sure beats a box of chocolates.
4. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
These cupcakes have a secret: Take one bite and you’ll find a luscious strawberry frosting hiding inside.
5. Mini Strawberry Ice-Cream Pies
Sometimes the best desserts are the easiest to make, too. This recipe requires little effort but still delivers maximum flavor, thanks to roasted strawberries.
6. Double Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies with Strawberry Preserves
A dozen of these > a dozen red roses. Don’t you agree?
7. Sheet-Pan Strawberry Shortcake with Black Pepper, Whipped Honey Ricotta and Togarashi
The garnish calls for togarashi, a Japanese spice blend that’s toasty, spicy and sweet. While it is totally optional, it’ll take this big-batch dessert to new heights.
8. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
This is what we call a dessert two-fer. (Yep, the cupcakes are made out of biscuit batter.)
9. Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Ganache Tart
Wait, you’re saying you didn’t buy this at the bakery? We’re impressed.
10. Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Muffins
It’s Valentine’s Day. Breakfast should be special too.
11. Cheater’s Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Cups
Psst: These start with boxed cake mix, but that can be our secret.
12. Real Strawberry and Sparkling Rosé Gummy Hearts
To be eaten alongside a glass of rosé, naturally.
13. White Chocolate-Strawberry Cupcakes
White chocolate fans, we see you and we offer you this sweet treat.
14. 3-Ingredient Strawberry Ice-Cream Shell
It’s like the stuff you used to eat as a kid, but tastier and way more festive.
15. Strawberry Sponge Cake
Would you believe this cake calls for less than ten ingredients? Fancy French bakeries better watch out.
16. Deviled Hearts
Strawberries topped with cream cheese frosting beats eggs any day. We bet you can’t eat just one.
17. Strawberry Marshmallows
What if you took it a step further and dipped them in chocolate? Just a thought.