Whether you’re the type that likes to blast the AC all night long, or you prefer to leave the window open for a gentle breeze, getting a good night’s sleep in the summer is a tricky mix of finding just the right conditions for comfort. Summer blankets and cooling sheets can only do so much—now’s the time to swap those heavy flannel PJs for a light pair of summer jammies. Here, 24 summer pajamas for women you’ll actually be excited to slip into come bedtime.
24 Pairs of Summer Pajamas for Women That Are Equal Parts Cool and Cute
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
What Are the Best Pajamas for Hot Weather?
The best pajamas for summer feature cooling materials that are breathable and wick away moisture to prevent you from overheating or waking up drenched in sweat. There are both natural fibers and synthetics that can help you keep cool (find more on both below), so it’s really up to you to determine what fabrics you find most comfortable. Same goes for silhouette. Some folks prefer long pants and sleeves to avoid having too much skin-on-skin contact, while others want as little fabric as possible. Most brands that specialize in cooling PJs will also offer a wide range of styles—T-shirts, shorts, long pants, nightgowns, etc.—so you can build the perfect pair of pajamas just for you.
What Are the Best Fabrics to Wear in Hot Weather?
There are two categories of fabrics to consider when shopping for cooling pajamas: natural fibers and synthetic materials. For those who prefer the natural route, linen, cotton, bamboo and silk are all great options, according to the Sleep Foundation. Every fiber has its own unique feel—for example, cotton percale is crisp, linen is slightly rough at first but softens over time and bamboo has a soft, jersey-like drape. So you can opt for whichever texture feels best to you.
But there are also lots of highly technical, man-made materials that are every bit as comfortable, just with enhanced abilities to wick away sweat or increase air flow. Many even incorporate those natural fibers for a sort of “best of both worlds” approach. If a brand is touting its own proprietary cooling materials, be sure to read the nitty-gritty details on what the fiber breakdown looks like and what it purports to do for you to see if it's really going to fit your needs.
The 5 Best Summer Pajamas for Women at a Glance
- Best Linen Set: Parachute Linen Top (
$74;$36) and Linen Pants ( $74;$32)
- Best Linen-Cotton Blend: J.Crew Linen-Cotton Pajama Set (
- Best Bamboo Set: Cozy Earth Short-Sleeve Bamboo Pajama Set (
- Machine-Washable Silk: Lunya Washable Silk Tee Set ($198)
- Affordable Silk: LilySilk 22 Momme Silk Pajama Set ($199)
- Size Range: XS to 3X
- Fabrication: 100 percent linen
- Pros and Cons: linen is OEKO-Tex certified,machine washable, not dryer safe
- Promising Review: “I live in a very hot climate and am heavily pregnant at the moment. This set is so breathable and soft, highly recommend. Feels like it will be cozy for the wintertime too.” – Jenny P., a Parachute reviewer
Yes, Parachute sells more than just cozy sheets and duvet covers. It also has linen pajamas that are an absolute dream to sleep in, no matter the weather. The linen is woven from European flax that’s also OEKO-Tex certified for a luxurious and eco-friendly twist. Despite being a heavier weight linen than the brand’s sheet sets, these PJs are still wonderfully breathable and lightweight. “I know they’re considered loungewear,” writes one reviewer, “but they definitely look nice enough to wear out in public, too.” And as always, linen only gets softer and more lovely the more you wash it. Just be sure to air dry to avoid shrinking the material.
Best Linen-Cotton Blend
- Size Range: XXS to 3X
- Fabrication: 60 percent linen, 40 percent cotton
- Pros and Cons: made from natural fibers, runs slightly big, made in a Fair Trade Certified factory
- Promising Review: “Absolutely love linen, so breathable and great for night sweats and hot flashes. But the cotton makes it a bit softer on my skin. A perfect combination.” – Cindy, a J.Crew reviewer based on Scottsdale, AZ
These J.Crew jammies are made from a super lightweight linen-cotton blend hat will keep you nice and cool despite the longer hem-length. Plus, we love the retro button-up design with contrasting trim for a throwback PJ look. Some reviewers found the fabric to be a little stiff at first—linen tends to feel a little rougher than cotton—but it should soften up after washing. “I must admit I was mildly disappointed when I first opened the package. The fabric seemed a bit stiff,” writes one reviewer. “But knowing the majority of the fabric was linen, I had faith a wash would change this initial impression. I threw them in the washing machine and WOW, they're perfect. If your goal is to look like you're going to bed/waking up in a Nancy Meyers movie, please do not look any further.”
Best Bamboo Set
- Size Range: XS to XXXL
- Fabrication: 95 percent bamboo viscose, 5 percent spandex
- Pros and Cons: lots of styles to mix and match, two natural fibers to choose from, sizing runs a little large
- Promising Review: “When they arrived I immediately loved how the set felt to the touch. After washing them the first time, I was pleased to see no sign of shrinkage or pilling. But wearing them....oh my, what a dream! The arm and inseam lengths are great and the fabric is just perfect, almost cloud-like. They are lightweight but help keep me at the right temperature whether lounging or sleeping. That's a big feat considering I'm in South Central Texas where we will experience all four seasons in a single day and I'm a hot sleeper year-round.” – Stephanie L., a Cozy Earth reviewer
Cozy Earth sells sheets, duvet covers and mattress pads, in addition to pajamas, in a range of fabrications to help you find the exact combination that suits you best. For cooling PJs, you can choose between bamboo or silk in a variety of styles, including this best-selling, breezy button-up and shorts. Both materials are ethically and sustainably sourced and fabulous for helping to regulate your temperature, but the bamboo won out for us because it's both machine washable and dryer safe (the silk will need to be hand washed or dry cleaned).
- Size Range: XS to 2X
- Fabrication: 100 percent silk
- Pros and Cons: silk is machine washable, sizing runs a little large
- Promising Review: “Absolutely love these Tee Sets. I have several colors and love the tops. The shorts can be a little short, but I love the way it feels on my body.” – Huyen C., a Lunya reviewer
Silk is another natural fiber that’s great for keeping you cool thanks to its high breathability. The only downside is it can often be quite expensive and frequently requires you to either handwash or dry clean the fabric—which, to be honest, we’re definitely not going to do for something we get so much use out of, like pajamas. So thank goodness for Lunya and its washable silk! This T-shirt and shorts set is one of the brands best sellers, with reviewers raving about how lovely the material feels, even after lots of washes.
- Size Range: XS to XXL
- Fabrication: 100 percent silk
- Pros and Cons: sizing runs a little small, custom monogramming available, silk is OEKO-Tex certified
- Promising Review: “Not only do these pajamas hold their shape quite well, they also wash well, are comfortable and the button holes do not stretch out. The fabric is the perfect weight for year-round comfort.” – Allison, a LilySilk reviewer
LilySilk’s long-sleeve PJs are a best-seller for the brand and look far more expensive than their price tag. According to reviews, they also feel more like a luxury silk—“So buttery soft, they make me feel so fancy,” raves one shopper. The material is also machine-washable, although the site does specifically suggest using a lower temperature and hang drying as opposed to tumble drying. As for sizing, some reviewers found these PJs ran a smidge small, so if you’re between sizes you might want to consider going up one.
Best Synthetic Material
- Size Range: S to XXL
- Fabrication: 100 percent polymicrofiber
- Pros and Cons: no tags, fabric is antimicrobial, limited size range
- Promising Review: “I love this nightgown, it really does keep me cool. The fit is very flattering for my curvy figure and a great length, not too short. It's so soft and has laundered well.” – Debbie, a Cool-jams reviewer
As you may have guess from the brand name, Cool-jams makes cooling pajamas for women and men, as well as cooling sheets, pillows and mattress covers. This cute sleeveless nightgown is one of the best-selling styles, with fabric that was designed from the ground up specifically to wick away moisture and dry quickly. In fact, according to testing from a third party lab, Cool-jams' unique fabric actually dries four times faster than cotton. A quick read through the numerous 5-star reviews shows lots of women going through menopause (and the unpredictable hot flashes that come with it) found the material helped wick away sweat so they stopped waking up in the middle of the night needing to change their PJs.
Best Synthetic-Natural Blend
- Size Range: XS to 2XL
- Fabrication: 92 percenteucalyptus Microlyocell, 8 percent elastane/Lycra
- Pros and Cons: lots of styles offered, multiple fabrics to choose from, higher price point
- Promising Review: “Super soft, comfortable material. The fabric is great and the colors too. Even after washing several times, the pajama pants keep their shape and color.” – Barbara M., a Dagmajen reviewer
Dagsmajen is all about crafting pajamas to fit every kind of sleeper—hot, cold, a little bit of both—and blends sustainably-sourced natural fibers with innovative tech-based materials to get the best of both. For hot weather, your best option is their NATTCOOL line, which uses the power of Microlyocell that’s made from eucalyptus to encourage air flow and wick away sweat. Dagsmajen also offers a 14-day trial, so if you aren’t happy with your comfy new PJs you can return them for a full refund. (P.S. They also have tank tops, shorts, pants, long sleeve shirts and more styles if a sleepshirt isn’t your fave.)
- Size Range: XS to 3X
- Fabrication: 50 percent Pima cotton, 50 percent Modal
- Pros and Cons: great length for both tall and petite women, slightly thicker material won’t appear sheer, not dryer safe
- Promising Review: “I absolutely love these pajamas! So soft, and really comfortable. I tend to be a hot sleeper and wasn’t sure about the material, but these stay cool.” – Yvonne M., a Cosabella reviewer
The cotton-Modal blend of this comfy nightshirt has enough weight to it so the material won’t look sheer or leave you feeling totally exposed, but is still light enough to allow for ample air flow to keep you cool as you sleep. “I’m very impressed with how soft and airy these pajamas feel—it’s like they’re not even there,” says one reviewer. There’s also a short sleeve-and-pants set, a long sleeve-and-pants set and short sleeve-and-shorts to fit any combination you like.
- Size Range: XS to XXL
- Fabrication: 100 percent organic cotton
- Pros and Cons: made from GOTS-certified organic cotton, machine washable and dryer safe, top may run too long for petite frames
- Promising Review: “These shorts are so soft and breathable. Very comfortable to sleep in. The pockets are a nice addition to the sorts!” – Jennifer, a Pact reviewer
Pact is one of our favorite sustainable fashion brands to shop, including its adorable sleepwear. The brand’s website proudly has “Earth’s Favorite Clothing” stamped right at the top, and indeed, it is doing a lot in terms of helping to leave our planet better than how we found it. The brand uses only organic cotton, one of the most sustainable fabrics we know of, and partners with Fair Trade Certified factories to ensure its employees are working and living in safe, healthy environments. And these PJs are no exception. They’re both incredibly soft and wonderfully breathable to allow for maximum airflow during the night.
- Size Range: XXS to 3X
- Fabrication: TENCEL-spandex blend
- Pros and Cons: lots of styles to choose from, fit is loose and airy, might run a bit large
- Promising Review: “Literally can't sleep in anything else. I own two and love them. I normally wear a large though and prefer these in a medium. They seem to run a bit big.” – an Athleta reviewer
It should come as no surprise that an athletic brand like Athleta, with access to all the best sweat-wicking fabrics, would also have a great sweat-wicking pajama line. The comfy PJs are made from a TENCEL-spandex blend that’s stretchy, lightweight and, of course, highly breathable to prevent you from overheating. And while there are lots of different silhouettes to choose from, this one-piece romper has almost 1,200 reviews and a nearly 5-star rating thanks to the comfortable fabric and versatile design. “Love how comfy and stretchy this jumpsuit is!” raves one reviewer. “I love wearing it around the house or to run errands if I dress it up with a jean jacket.”
Best Plus Size Shorts
- Size Range: XS to 3X
- Fabrication: 97 percent cotton, 3 percent spandex
- Pros and Cons: machine washable, shorts have pockets, limited color options
- Promising Review: “The quality is exceptional. The cotton fabric is non hugging, a plus. The waistband is wide and comfortable. I have actually considered wearing it as a regular short set, no one would know it was my PJs.” – Mary, a L.L.Bean reviewer
Reviewers rave about the quality of the fabric of these L.L.Bean PJs. They’re thick but not too thick, they’re machine washable and dryer safe, and they’re breathable while still providing warmth enough on cooler summer nights. “Great PJs for summer travels,” writes one happy shopper. “I needed pajamas that you could not see through but were also comfortable when traveling with the family. These are perfect!”As for the sizing, they seem to run a little large, so if you’re between sizes you might want to go for the smaller.
Best Boxer Shorts
- Size Range: XS to XXL
- Fabrication: 49 percent viscose, 43 percent micro modal, 8 percent spandex
- Pros and Cons: you can order two different sizes for top and bottom, machine washable, fabric can appear sheer
- Promising Review: “Perfect if you want comfort and if you get hot at night. Launders nicely, true to size.” – Sharon M., a Tommy John reviewer
The super-breathable ribbed material of these pajamas truly live up to the name. They’re oh-so lightweight and incredibly soft—you might even forget you’re wearing anything at all. “I own two pairs of the Second Skin ribbed sleep pants and wear them every single night throughout summer and winter,” writes reviewer Kelli G. “I grabbed this set for a vacation we were taking and love it just as much. They are incredibly light and buttery soft. Also looks nicer than frumpy pajamas if you're hanging around the house.” Oh, and did we mention the shorts have pockets, too?
Best for Nursing Moms
- Size Range: S to XL
- Fabrication: 50 percent cotton, 50 percent modal
- Pros and cons: nursing camisole has easy clip-on/clip-off nursing straps, limited size range
- Promising Review: “I’m two months postpartum and got my first set during my pregnancy. I just got another set because I love the feel of these pajamas and robe. And it’s so practical when you’re living in pjs the first weeks as well as continuing nursing in the night.” – Crystal M., a Cosabella reviewer
This comfy three-piece set is designed with nursing moms in mind and comes with a cozy robe, elastic-waist pants and a camisole designed to make feedings easier. The tank top has built-in cups for extra support and the straps easily clip on and off from the front so you don’t have to twist and contort yourself when it comes time to breastfeed. Some reviewers say the top and pants run a little large, and the breathable material has plenty of stretch, so we say opt for your usual size or one down if you’re between sizes. “I bought this pajama set after my son was born and I immediately bought a second set,” writes reviewer Lexy M. “It’s lovely, comfortable and most importantly functional! I would size down as it runs a little large.”
Best Vintage Silhouette
Serena & Lily
- Size Range: XS to L
- Fabrication: 100 percent linen
- Pros and Cons: pre-washed linen is super soft, limited size range
For those who prefer all natural fibers, this linen set is a fabulous option. The linen is woven from OEKO-Tex-certified flax sourced from Belgium and France, and is pre-washed to ensure the fabric feels incredibly soft from the moment you put these PJs on. And they’ll only get softer and more lovely the more you wear and wash them. Our only gripe is that, because the long-sleeve shirt and pants come as a set, you can’t order two different sizes.
- Size Range: XS to XL
- Fabrication: 65 percent micromodal, 30 percent polyester, 5 percent spandex
- Pros and Cons: limited size range, fabric has been tested by a third party tester for review
- Promising Review: “I was skeptical at first because the fabric is so much thicker than what I had been sleeping (and sweating) in, but these PJs keep me dry and cool. My sleep has improved tremendously since I started wearing this to bed. I'm going to buy a few more sets!” – Andrea B., a Lusomé reviewer
Lusomé’s cute PJs are made from a proprietary fabric called Xirotex, which aims to draw moisture away from the body as you sleep to keep you cool and comfortable in even the hottest, most humid weather. And while there are multiple styles to choose from, it’s the lace trim on this chic cami that really grabbed our attention. The cami also has a built-in shelf bra for a little extra support and both the top and bottom are totally tagless to avoid irritation.
Best Three-Piece Set
16. Lake Pima Bundle
- Size Range: XXS to XXL
- Fabrication: 100 percent Pima cotton
- Pros and Cons: comes with both shorts and pants, may shrink a bit with the first wash
- Promising Review: “As someone who is often too hot at night, I wanted to find something that was comfortable and breathable. These pajamas check both boxes.” – Molly R., a Lake reviewer
For the indecisive sleeper—sometimes you’re hot, sometimes you’re cold—this three-piece set comes with a short-sleeve tee, shorts and pants so you can mix and match as you like to find what’s most comfortable on any given night. All three pieces are made from 100 percent Pima cotton, so they feel extra soft and lightweight. According to reviews, the material is wonderfully breathable and oh-so cozy. As for sizing, they appear to run true to size, and, per one 5’9” reviewer, the pants are even long enough for tall gals.
Best for Women Experiencing Menopause
- Size Range: XS to 4X
- Fabrication: 100 percent nylon
- Pros and Cons: inclusive size range, limited styles available
- Promising Review: “These are not cheap items of clothing, but they really work. I am sleeping better because the fabric of the nightwear works to cope with hot flushes. I also have eczema and the derma nightdresses have helped with this too.” – Carol B., a Become reviewer
Become makes clothing specifically for women going through menopause, which for sleepwear means focusing on cooling technology that can counteract both menopausal night sweats and the chills that tend to follow. The brand’s proprietary Anti-Flush fabric focuses on four key features—cooling your skin, wicking away moisture, controlling odor and allowing heat to return back to the body during post-hot flash chills. There is a whole page on the website dedicated to breaking down the science involved in developing a fabric that can do all that (and more) if you want to really dive in. But a quick read through the reviews will also give you a pretty good idea of how wonderful these cooling nightgowns really are—“I was skeptical at first, but I'm definitely a convert. I get horrendous night sweats due to my medication and I've tried all sorts [of PJs] over the years with mixed results. Become clothing is top of my list of successful fixes. The clothes are comfy and really are magic. No more changing multiple times a night!” (P.S. For sleepwear the brand advertises only a handful of nightgowns, but multiple reviewers say the regular T-shirts and leggings are comfortable enough to wear to bed, with all the same cooling technology.)
18. NUUDS Pajama Set
- Size Range: XS to XXXL, also Tall
- Fabrication: 95 percent rayon, 5 percent spandex
- Pros and Cons: under $100, won’t appear sheer, may shrink a bit with the first wash
- Promising Review: “I’m fully obsessed with these PJs. The cut and fabric are both perfect. The pants are long enough for my 5’10” frame and the top is cropped just the right amount so I can also wear it out of the house if I wanted without it looking like a baggy sleep shirt. And the colors are just so rich IRL. 100 percent recommend!” – Abby Hepworth, PureWow fashion editor
NUUDS was launched with the idea of creating phenomenal basics to make any woman feel comfortable and cute. Their PJs are a recent addition to their lineup, but follow the exact same principles, and are look every bit as cool as they feel. The T-shirt is cropped to just the right length and the drape on the pants moves beautifully, but won’t get tangled and twisted around your legs even as you toss and turn. They’re even fully opaque (yes, even the palest hues). One reviewer writes, “I live in AZ and the nights are very warm. These pajamas are comfortable, don’t make me hot and they look good around the house before bed.”
Most Fun Prints
- Size Range: XXS to 6X, also Petite and Tall
- Fabrication: 100 percent organic cotton
- Pros and Cons: ethically and sustainably produced, inclusive size range, sizing runs a little small
- Promising Review: “Honestly, these just get better and better the more I wear them. I ordered my usual size and was worried they were too tight originally, but they stretched out just enough after a few wears to be the perfect fit. And they’re so soft, I honestly wear them all weekend long if I’ve got nowhere to be.” – Emily H., a Printfresh reviewer
Cotton is one of the best natural fibers for keeping both cool and comfortable, and you’d be hard-pressed to find more fun cotton pajamas than those from Printfresh. The company works closely with artisans in India to produce its original prints, and the cotton is all organic, so you know you’re getting a fabulous pair of PJs that’s also ethically and sustainably produced. There are multiple styles to shop, including both long and short sets, robes and separates, so you can build your perfect pajama pairing.
Set You Can Wear Around Town
- Size Range: XXS to XL
- Fabrication: 70 percent rayon, 30 percent cotton
- Pros and Cons: fun color options, no reviews available
Looking for pajamas that can pull double duty as cute daywear too? This Rails set has got you covered. The prints are incredibly stylish, and not quite so obviously PJs, especially if you wear them as separates. And the rayon-cotton blend material is wonderfully lightweight to encourage air flow to keep you cool. That said, they are hand wash only, so if you do plan to wear them out of the house, be sure to take extra care when handling things like red wine or ketchup.
Worth the Splurge
- Size Range: XXS to XXL
- Fabrication: 100 percent cotton
- Pros and Cons: tons of colors and patterns to choose from, machine washable, high price point, website does not include reviews
For those willing to splurge, these Sleepy Jones PJs have something of a cult following. They’re made from 100 percent super-fine cotton and come in a huge array of colors and patterns, all with the same classic piping trim design. The waistband has a drawstring and a functional button fly for comfort, and they’re both machine washable and dryer safe for maximum ease of care. Now all that’s left to do is choose what pattern you like best (no easy task).
- Size Range: XS to XXL
- Fabrication: 93 percent rayon, 7 percent spandex
- Pros and Cons: lots of styles to choose from, tons of fun colors and patterns, limited size range
- Promising Review: “These pants are so lightweight, I honestly forget I have them on. And even after more than a year of wear and washing them, they’re still just as lovely as the day I got them and haven’t stretched or thinned out.” – Abby Hepworth, PureWow fashion editor
Soma has long been one of our favorite places to pick up comfortable-yet-supportive bras and super-flattering swimwear, but did you know it also makes cooling pajamas ideal for hot summer nights? The brand’s original Cool Nights fabric is made from mostly lightweight rayon, a synthetic fabric that is highly breathable to increase air flow and wick away moisture as you sleep. According to reviews, Soma overall tends to run a little big, so if you prefer a slimmer fit you may want to go down one from your usual size.
- Size Range: XXS to 6XL
- Fabrication: 50 percent recycled cotton, 50 percent TENCEL
- Pros and Cons: inclusive size range, lots of styles to choose from, pants might run a bit small
- Promising Review: “I love these pants. They are light and soft and cover just enough to keep me the right temperature. The length is surprisingly long because l am used to pajamas pants always being way too short. The elastic fit perfectly but having a drawstring is nice for people who are between sizes. The pockets are a nice extra and make them good for travel.” – Jennifer P., a Girlfriend reviewer
Girlfriend only recently launched its first sleepwear collection, but if it’s anything like the brand’s leggings, it’s sure to become a cult favorite in no time. The TENCEL-recycled cotton blend combines the natural breathability of cotton with the comfort and sweat-wicking powers of TENCEL. Plus, these PJs are fully biodegradable in keeping with Girlfriend’s sustainability efforts. Tops and bottoms are sold separately, so you can pick and choose exactly how much coverage you want, or you can build your own three-piece bundle (one top, one bottom and one robe) and save 10 percent. As for sizing, many reviewers suggest going up one from your usual size for a looser fit in the pants, but the tank appears to run true to size.
- Size Range: XS to XL
- Fabrication: 95 percent TENCEL Modal, 5 percent spandex
- Pros and Cons: lots of colors to choose from, limited size range
- Promising Review: “I am a very hot sleeper and have tried so many different options. These work. These are the best pajamas I have ever had on. They are so comfortable and breathable.” – Chloe, an Eberjey reviewer
This cult-favorite style is not specifically advertised as being made for hot sleepers, but we found so much anecdotal evidence from reviewers, PureWow colleagues and friends and family that we felt it deserved a callout, nonetheless. The TENCEL Modal fabric is supremely soft and lightweight, and although it wasn’t specifically crafted to wick away sweat, the high breathability allows for enough air flow to keep you cool throughout the night. Multiple reviewers mention owning more than one pair, and there are multiple styles offered—like cropped pants, sleep shirts and breezy shorts—if long-sleeves and long pants aren’t your favorite.
Want to know which buzzy products are *really* worth buying? Sign up for our shopping newsletter to uncover our favorite finds.
Why You Should Trust UsWhy You Should Trust Us
Abby Hepworth is an RRCA-certified running coach who has worked in fashion for over 10 years. Want to know what shoes are in this season? She's got you. Need recommendations on the best running apps? She's your gal. From trend explanations to designer gossip, Abby has your back.
PureWow is the best friend you never had when it comes to finding the best, most useful lifestyle products online. Founded in 2010, our company’s editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which ones are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series, which sees each and every item we test being ranked on a 100-point scale of awesomeness, to the painstakingly curated lists our fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family editors create as vertical experts, you can trust that our recommendations include some of the greatest items you’ll find on the internet. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.