14 Sandals with Arch Support (That Aren't Birkenstocks)
“Ugly” sandals had a moment a few years ago when they were all the rage at fashion weeks around the globe, and we admittedly fell in love with their ample arch support and foot-cradling soles. But Birkenstocks aren’t for everyone and we can’t just go back to flimsy flip-flops and expect our feet to be OK with it. Luckily, chunky and comfort-first styles are back and better than ever, but you need to find which pair is going to be right for you.
If your goal is comfort, podiatrists recommend leather and suede materials for a breathable feel that's also long-lasting. They also recommend trying shoes on later in the day while your feet are expanded so you can feel how it will fit your foot at its largest. You also want to keep in mind any existing foot issues you may have: Do you have bunions? A narrow shape? Plantar fasciitis? Taking these things into account will help point you in the direction of the right shoe. By the way, if you have any general concerns, you should discuss the best brands and sandal types with a podiatrist. We did some searching and found these 14 sandals with arch support that are just as stylish as they are cushiony.
The Best Sandals With Arch Support At A Glance:
- Best Slides: Madewell The Dayna Lugsole Slides
- Best Low Wedges: Cole Haan Original Grand Wedge Sandal
- Best Fisherman Sandals: Soludos Sanibel Fisherman Sandals
- Best Block Heels: Sarah Flint Perfect Block Heels 60
- Funkiest Sandals: Geox Ruched Leather Platform Sandals
- Best Mules: Sorel Cameron Flatform Mules
- Best Sporty Sandals: Vince Carver Sport Sandals
- Best On-the-Go Sandals: UGG Emily Platform Slide Sandals
- Best Low Platform Sandals: Sam Edelman Annalise Platform Sandals
- Edgiest Sandals: Sorel Kinetic Sandals
- Best '90s-Inspired Sandals: Dr. Martens Myles Slide Sandals
- Best Slingback Sandals: Merrell Napa Valley Slingback Sandals
- Most Splurge-Worthy Sandals: Dear Frances Tye Slide
- Best Slip-Ons: Dr. Scholl's Pisces Slide Sandals
These slides will keep your feet comfortable all day long thanks to the cushy padding that's made to mold to your feet shape. The lug sole is also great for traction and stability for days when you'll be doing a lot of standing or walking.
The Grandfoam midsole will keep your arches nice and supported during a day out on the town. These wedges have a lightweight rubber heel that's ideal for folks who want a bit of a lift (just over two inches) without sacrificing comfort.
Channel your inner coastal grandma this summer with these adorable platform fisherman sandals. The sole is made of Ortholite padding for heaps of comfort and support while the the upper is leather sourced from a LWG gold-rated tannery so it's super soft and won't dig into your feet.
You will not regret spending a little extra dough on these comfortable heels. They have a wider toe box, Italian silk ties and a cushioned, shaped insole to support the natural arch of your foot. Plus, the gorgeous wisteria print was designed by Sarah Flint herself.
Add some height to your frame with these funky platform sandals. The lightweight EVA outsole will keep your foot cushioned all day long, and the platform—which is just under three inches—makes these babies so easy to walk in. Plus, the double top straps are made of a soft leather for a comfy feel that won't rub your feet raw.
Athletic slides aren't typically supportive, but these ones have a sculpted footbed to cradle your arches with EVA cushioning. Plus, they're super cute for summer.