The 17 Best Swimsuits for Big Boobs, from Skimpy Bikinis to Super Supportive One-Pieces
We’re almost certain that an itsy-bitsy, teenie-weenie yellow polka-dot bikini never held Dolly or Marilyn’s buxom chests in place. And as a modern woman (especially one with an ample bosom), you owe it to yourself to find a swimsuit that’s flattering, supportive and comfortable. And we’ve got some useful tips for finding suits that not only keep you feeling your best for a day at the beach or the pool, but that will prevent you from experiencing any embarrassing nip slips. Look, we’ve all been there at least once and we never want to relive it.
As someone who is a member of the fuller bust society, I have just one major piece of advice that I’ve gathered after years of in-depth swimwear research (i.e., obsessively shopping for a new suit each summer): Bikinis and one-pieces that were specifically designed to fit your bigger boobs are going to be your best friend. That means seeking out brands that offer D+ sizing or only shopping from retailers that include bra sizes alongside their letter sizing. I don’t care if that cute triangle top is worn by every celeb ever and your BFF, if they’re a B-cup and you’re a G-cup, it ain’t going to work because it was not designed with your tatas in mind.
So, before we get into the actual swimsuits, let’s go over the four main styles that will, ahem, suit you best.
1. Underwire: A swimsuit with bra-like underwire is going to offer much of the same support as the lingerie you wear every day. But that doesn’t mean your only option is almost identical to a bra (even if it does fit like one). Plenty of swimsuits incorporate supportive underwire in new and creative ways, like inside wrap tops, tucked into bandeaus and hidden in the shelf of a one-piece.
2. Scoop Neck + Wide Straps: Leave flimsy strings on the shelf. You’ll fare much better with thicker straps that actually provide support, while the scoop neck will show just enough cleavage to maintain a sexy touch without giving away the whole farm.
3. Tie or Cross Front: Tie- or cross-front suits are universally flattering for women of all shapes and sizes. While some options are adjustable, they all tend to have more fabric on the sides, meaning they can easily accommodate larger cup sizes without leading to any side spillage.
4. Halter: The trick here? Find a halter that fits your shape and size. If your breasts sit wider apart or point outward, you’re going to do better with a top that has more coverage on the sides. On the contrary, if your boobs sit close together, you’ll want a top with built-in cups that can both separate and lift.
Here, the absolute best swimsuits for big boobs
- Best Minimalist Suit: RAQ Multi-Way Top and ’90s Brief
- Best Under $100 Bikini: ASOS Recycled Bold Floral Top and High-Waist Bottom
- Best Underwire Bikini: CUUP The Scoop Top and The Brief Bottom
- Best Classic Black One-Piece: Andie The Amalfi
- Best Plus-Size Bikini: Elomi Plus-Size Magnetic Wrap Underwire Bikini and Twist Bottom
- Best Cut-Out One-Piece: Peek & Beau Cut-Out Textured Swimsuit
- Best Classic Print: Crew DD Underwire Gingham Top and High-Rise Bottom
- Best Tankini: Athleta Triangle Tankini D-DD and Medium Bottom
- Best Retro One-Piece: Panache Anya Spot Underwire One-Piece
- Best Plunge Top with Support: L*Space Pointelle Rib Siren Top and Court Bottom
- Best for Short Torsos: Bravissimo Santa Fe One-Piece
- Best Underwire That Doesn’t Look Like an Underwire: Kitty and Vibe Underwire Top and High Hip Bottom
- Best Wide-Strap One-Piece: Summersalt The Ruched Backflip
- Best Strapless Bikini: Freya Serengeti Haze Bandeau Top and Brief Bottom
- Most Splurge-Worthy Suit: Heidi Klein Ocean Tide Monaco Top and Capri Bottom
- Best Keyhole Detail: Wild Isles Dottie Tie Bikini Top and Capri High-Waisted Bottoms
- Best String Bikini: Monday Swimwear Tulum Top and Bottom
RAQ makes swimwear exclusively for the DD cup and up crowd, and the Multi-Way top is its best-selling bikini. The straps can be tied three different ways, and the cup construction is incredibly supportive without looking overly complicated. And if you don’t love the Baywatch red, it also comes in a bunch of other fun colors and patterns.
Size range: 30 D/E to 40F/G
Size range: 4 to 12
ASOS has a bunch of swimwear designed specifically for fuller busts. This cute two-piece has wide straps that won’t dig into your shoulders and although there’s no underwire, the band and cups offer plenty of support.
Size range: 30 E/F to 38J
Size range: 0 to 14
CUUP currently has three different bikini tops, all of which come in the same size range, but the Scoop is our favorite because it offers a tad more coverage and support from the sides without looking dowdy. Plus, the straps hit that Goldilocks point between thick enough to avoid digging in and thin enough to still look sexy. They're also adjustable in the back, as is the band, which you can loosen or tighten for a more perfect fit.
Size range: 30H to 44DD
Size range: XS to XXXL
Reviewers praise this Andie suit for being both flattering and supportive—and plenty of them are in the DD to DDD range. The sizing goes up to an 3XL and it’s also available in a long-torso length, so this suit will actually hug your frame without suffocating or smooshing it. You can also select from three different coverage levels in the bum to fit your preference, and the straps are adjustable.
Size range: XS to 3XL, also Long Torso
Ready to be impressed? This flattering twist-front bikini top features mesh-lined cups with a four-part seam for ultimate lift, comfort and shape. We’re all about that kind of support—especially when it comes with adjustable straps and an easy-to-use snap back closure.
Size range: 34E to 44JJ
Size range: 12 to 22
This pastel suit combines two of 2022’s top swim trends: textured materials and cut-outs. The high-cut leg will give you mile-long gams, and the center peek-a-boo helps draw the eye to your waist, creating the illusion of an hourglass figure.
Size range: 30D-DD/E to 40DDD/F-G
Leopard spots and ditsy daisies may come and go, but gingham swimwear will always be en vogue. And this underwire duo from J.Crew is more than worth the investment because of its timeless silhouette as well. That high-waist bottom provides coverage and support without looking dowdy, and the top the same with just the right cut to show off just the right amount of cleavage. Our only gripe is that it only comes in DD cup sizes, although there are multiple band sizes to choose from.
Size range: 34DD to 42DD
Size range: XXS to 3X
Tankinis are having a bit of a comeback in 2022, and this Athleta number manages to look cute and sporty but not frumpy like so many other tankinis do. Maybe it’s the gorgeous pink color, maybe it’s the subtly sexy lace-up detail at the back, but this two-piece is just as sleek as the best one-pieces on this list, only infinitely easier to change in and out of.
Size range: XXS to XL, also Tall
Size range: XXS to XL
Ranging from a size 30D to a 40K, this retro-inspired suit doesn’t look like other more dowdy supportive one-pieces out there. Plus, that side ruching is going to look so flattering whether you’re pear-shaped or hourglass-shaped.
Size range: 30D to 40K
L*Space offers a selection of suits in D and DD sizes, including this plunging top that features an underbust seam and strategically placed darting for a truly flattering finish. Says one customer, who usually wears a 36DD and went with a DD in this suit: “I usually have a really hard time finding tops that work for me but this was perfect. The material is really cute and textured. The design of the top is sexy but still works for a larger bust.”
Size range: XS to DD
Size range: XS to XL
If you have both big boobs and a short torso, it can be very difficult to find a swimsuit that doesn’t squash your middle and leave you looking like an apple on stilts. But this sunny one-piece manages to elongate your frame, thanks to that one-shoulder neckline and seamless front construction, to make you look longer and leaner, all while giving the girls ample support.
Size range: 28DD to 38G
Perfect for the gal who wants all the support of a true underwire design without having to sport something that looks like a literal bra, this adorable bikini top is just the ticket. The straps are fully adjustable and there’s a secure metal clasp in back to ensure everything stays exactly where you need it to, even while you join in on a game of beach volleyball.
Size range: A to G
Size range: S to 3XL
If you look at skimpy straps on suits and immediately start rubbing your shoulders due to phantom pain, we feel you. And so does Summersalt, because it designed this cute and sexy one-piece with straps that will evenly distribute the weight of your bust among your whole shoulder...not just a fourth inch of it. Plus, you can hardly tell, but there’s a band at the waist to help show off your curves without pinching.
Size range: 2 to 22
Yes, you can wear a strapless bikini, even if you’re rocking a G cup. This bandeau has been engineered to the nines—though you’d never know just by looking at it—to provide lots of support without pinching or digging in. That said, it also comes with straps that can be worn numerous ways if you want some additional insurance against slipping (don’t worry, this baby won’t budge while you splash around in the pool) or just want to switch up the look of your suit.
Size range: 30D to 36G
Size range: XS to 2XL
Heidi Klein is one of our favorite brands to shop high-end swimwear that will last for years to come. Even better than the quality, however, might just be the fact that the designs manage to combine both timeless silhouettes and trendy details—like this ruched halter top—so you’ll never feel boring, just chic, while lounging poolside.
Size range: DD/E cup to F/G Cup
Size range: XS to 1X
This swim brand developed a whole new sizing format for tops that work from C to H cups and bottoms for sizes 2 to 24. And Wild Isles makes sure to show models in your size on its site, so you can actually get a feel for how these bikinis will look on you. (And if a full-coverage, high-cut top is more your thing, we’ve got you covered—literally.)
Size range: Band sizes 28 to 44 and cup sizes C to H
Size range: 2 to 24
String bikinis are tough for big busts—the tiny straps dig in and can’t support the weight of our breasts, and the cups never really live up to the job and tend to leave us hanging, literally. But Monday Swimwear, which has curated selections for C though DDD cups and E through G cups, counters those struggles with this specially designed two-piece made with wider straps and better engineered cups to ensure you look and feel fantastic in your itty bitty bikini.
Size range: S/M to VV