- Meghan Markle released the first episode of her all-new podcast, Archetypes. For the debut installment, she enlisted her good friend, Serena Williams, as a guest.
- In the episode, the Duchess of Sussex recalled a terrifying incident that happened during the royal tour of South Africa. Markle explained that a fire broke out in the nursery where her son, Archie, was supposed to be sleeping.
- To celebrate the Archetypes premiere, Williams posted a rare photo of Markle on Instagram. It even included a cameo by the athlete’s daughter, Alexis Olympia.
- Per an official press release, Grammy-award-winning singer, Mariah Carey, will be featured in the next episode of Archetypes.
Royal News Roundup: Meghan Markle’s Major New Launch, Prince William’s Personal IG Message & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of August 25, 2022.
- Prince William shared a rare personal message on the Instagram account he shares with his wife, Kate Middleton. The post doubled as a special tribute to football (soccer, to us Americans) player Jill Scott and included the royal’s personal sign-off: “W.”
- Middleton and Prince William’s three children—Prince George (9), Princess Charlotte (7) and Prince Louis (4)—will attend a new school this fall: Lambrook School.
- Rebecca Sananés, the executive producer of Markle’s podcast, posted a photo on her personal Instagram account, along with a heartfelt message where she described what it’s like to work with Markle.
- Queen Elizabeth posted a special message for the President of Ukraine in honor of the country’s Independence Day.
- Middleton celebrated World Photography Day by highlighting four British photographers whose work she admires in a post on Instagram.
- The Duchess of Cambridge traveled to Scotland with her two youngest kids—Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis—to visit Queen Elizabeth at Balmoral Castle. According to Hello! magazine, the Cambridge family sat in economy class for the trip, like us plebeians.
- A royal fan shared a rare glimpse of the personally-signed thank-you note she received from Camilla Parker Bowles, who turned 75 last month.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Kelly Ripa Was Spotted Without Her Wedding Ring on ‘Live with Kelly and Mark’ and Fans Already Have Questions
Royal News Roundup: Royal Family Portrait Raises Eyebrows, Kate Middleton Rocks Curtain Bangs & More
The Exact Loungewear Set Jennifer Lopez Wore Is Still up for Grabs—and It’s the Perfect Weekend Uniform
The New Royal Family Portrait Is Wildly Deceptive (& It All Has to Do with Kate & Charles)
How Accurate Is ‘The Crown’? We Investigate
Queen Camilla Shows Off Her Christmas Tree in New Holiday Video