- Kate Middleton took over a royal title that was previously held by her brother-in-law, Prince Harry: Patron of the Rugby Football League and Rugby Football Union.
- To celebrate the news, Middleton and Prince William shared a video on their joint Instagram account, featuring the duchess throwing a rugby football.
- In the clip, Middleton switched up her signature hairstyle and opted for an effortless ponytail. While it’s a fitting hairstyle for the video, the royal typically styles her long locks in beachy waves, particularly as of late.
Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton Plays Rugby, Prince Harry Releases Statement & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of February 3, 2022.
- Prince Charles shared a letter from he and his wife, Camilla Parker Bowles, on the official Clarence House Instagram account. He followed the message with a rare copy of his signature, which read: “Charles.”
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle called on Spotify to make some changes if the music platform wants to proceed with their exclusive podcast deal. A spokesperson released a statement revealing that the royals have expressed their concerns to Spotify about “the all-too-real consequences of COVID-19 misinformation on its platform.”
- With Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee around the corner, fans are wondering whether the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will congratulate the monarch in person. Based on this list of pros and cons, it seems they’ll probably opt for the safer option and stay home.
- Back in Montecito, Prince Harry and Markle reportedly expanded their friend circle to include a famous couple: Tom Holland and Zendaya. According to The Daily Mail, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex reached out to the high-profile pair to arrange a secret hangout.
- This week, Middleton paid a visit to Twickenham Stadium, where she participated in a basic training session with England’s rugby team. In the pics, the Duchess of Cambridge can be seen throwing, catching and running with the ball alongside a group of players, who seem impressed by her skills.
- Last week, Middleton attended a mental health charity event at Shout's headquarters in London and wore a showstopping leopard-print dress. She accessorized the look with black high-heeled suede boots.
- It seems Middleton was Prince William’s number one wingwoman in college. The couple’s friend, Laura Warshauer, recently spoke with royal expert Katie Nicholl for her book Kate: The Future Queen and recalled an incident where Middleton helped the prince get out of a pretty awkward situation with a girl.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.