- Kate Middleton showed off her athletic skills while participating in wheelchair rugby, where the Princess of Wales served a ball and played with the other athletes. Then, she showed them off again with Prince William during a mental fitness workshop.
- In honor of World Mental Health Day, Princess Catherine and her hubby, Prince William, joined a special forum hosted by BBC Radio 1’s program, Newsbeat, to talk to young people about their mental health. For the event, the mom of two rocked a bright yellow blazer, which pays homage to the YoungMinds’ #HelloYellow campaign.
- The Prince and Princess of Wales also sat down for an interview with Jordan North and Vick Hope for BBC Radio 1’s Going Home. During the discussion, Prince William revealed his favorite emoji, which is (ahem) far from appropriate.
- Middleton and William made a special appearence at Nottingham Trent University in London. During their visit, the couple learned more about the mental health resources being provided to the students.
Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton Shows Off Her Athletic Skills *Twice*, Another Bombshell Memoir Is Announced & More
Plus, Meghan Markle serves in a cream off-the-shoulder look
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of October 12, 2023.
- Meghan Markle and her husband, Prince Harry, participated in The Archewell Foundation Parents’ Summit: Mental Wellness in a Digital Age, which took place in NYC to commemorate World Mental Health Day. During an open panel discussion, the Duchess of Sussex donned an off-the-shoulder cream power suit designed by Altuzarra and nude Aquazzura Purist 105mm Pointed-Toe Pumps ($654).
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex also stopped at The Marcy Lab School in NYC. Markle wore a letterman jacket during their trip, which was gifted to her back in 2022 while visiting Robert Clack School ahead of International Women’s Day.
- This week, Camilla Parker Bowles hosted an event at Clarence House to mark 30 years of the Forward Arts Foundation, which is a charity committed to growing a poetry audience.
- King Charles met with Chief Rabbi Sir Ephraim Mirvis at Buckingham Palace to discuss the atrocities happening in Israel and how to support interfaith harmony in Britain during this time.
- Sarah “Fergie” Ferguson shared photos taken during her recent trip to the Big Apple, where she took part in Climate Week.
- To kick off Britain’s Dyslexia Awareness Week, Ferguson’s oldest daughter, Princess Beatrice, recently made a surprise appearance on the Lessons In Dyslexic Thinking podcast and talked about her personal experience living with the learning disorder.
- Princess Diana’s youngest brother, Charles Spencer, announced that he will be releasing a bombshell memoir titled A Very Private School. The cover features a young photo of him taken during his boarding school days.
- While appearing on The Graham Norton Show, lyricist and visual artist Bernie Taupin shared that he rewrote “Candle in the Wind” for Princess Diana with Elton John in a half hour.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.