- Christmas is nearly upon us, and to ring in the holiday season, royal family members revealed their Christmas cards, including King Charles III, who debuted his first card with Queen Consort Camilla since ascending to the throne. The photo was taken at the Braemar Games in September by Sam Hussein.
- Prince William and Princess Catherine also shared their 2022 Christmas card, where their three kids—Prince George, 9, Princess Charlotte, 7, and Prince Louis, 4—stole the show. The photo was taken by Matt Porteous.
- To keep the festivities going, the official royal family Instagram account was updated with photos of Buckingham Palace covered in snow.
Royal News Roundup: New Family Christmas Cards, Harry and Meghan’s Netflix Record & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of December 15, 2022.
- As we anxiously await Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Christmas card, the pair kept fans satiated with the final three episodes of their new Netflix docuseries, Harry & Meghan, which they teased only days before with a new trailer.
- The Netflix series has offered many rare peeks into the Sussexes’ lives, including a brand-new photo of their children—Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1.
- Markle offered a personal insight in the series about her first solo outing with Queen Elizabeth, saying that the late monarch made her feel like part of the family: “I had a really great time with her.”
- Prince Harry joked on Harry & Meghan about being late to his first date with the Duchess of Sussex due to traffic. “I was panicking. I was freaking out. I was sweating,” he confessed.
- Not only did Harry & Meghan offer rare royal insights, but it also broke a Netflix record as the largest debut of a documentary in the history of Netflix. In its first week, the docuseries garnered 81.55 million hours viewed, with more than 28 million households watching the first part of the series.
- In other royal TV news, King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla took a trip to visit the Wrexham Association Football Club in North Wales, where they met the team's celebrity owners: Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney. Now, fans are speculating whether the couple might make an appearance in the second season of the FX docuseries Welcome to Wrexham.
- Meanwhile, Princess Diana's younger brother, Charles Spencer, has been exploring the history of his family in a new web series titled Spencer 1508, which he teased with a video on Instagram.
- King Charles and the Queen Consort visited London’s Community Kitchen, which serves over 10,000 people every week. The couple also visited the Cookery School and Kind Café, which both prepare meals using surplus food.
- Queen Consort Camilla also stopped by the Emmaus SLC, a charity that serves formerly homeless people by giving them a space to stay, connecting them with jobs and providing other forms of support.
- At Westminster Hall, King Charles helped unveil a plaque that marks the lying-in-state of Queen Elizabeth II—a tradition which dates back all the way to 1910.
- Princess Catherine will be hosting iTV's Royal Carols Together At Christmas concert special, which she teased on Instagram (while sporting a gorgeous sparkly dress from Needle & Thread).
- The Prince and Princess of Wales just returned from their first visit to the U.S. in eight years, which was personally-documented by the Royally Obsessed podcast hosts, Rachel Bowie and Roberta Fiorito. (But, if you missed the chance to see the couple, Bowie and Fiorito also made a guide for a royally-inspired trip around Boston).
- Also, if you've been bingeing The Crown and feeling inspired by all the iconic Princess Diana fashion, PureWow's senior editor Dana Dickey rounded up the best Diana looks from the show.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Royal News Roundup: Prince Williams's Viral Backstage Moment, Prince Harry's Surprise Interview & More
Beyoncé Makes History as the First Black Woman to Dominate the Hot Country Songs Chart
Priyanka Chopra Shares Footage of Her Daughter's First Hike on IG (& Fans Can't Get Over Her Cute Voice)
Sarah Ferguson Honors Cancer Prevention Action Week With a Special Message (& Brief Health Update)
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Break Silence on Their Canada Visit in New Interview
Zendaya & Timothée Chalamet Had a Major Twinning Moment at 'Dune: Part 2' Premiere