Oh My Gouda! Whole Foods Market’s ‘12 Days of Cheese’ Sale Is Here
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
Between holiday parties, family gatherings and chilly weather, there's no such thing as too much cheese during the winter (or any time of the year, if we're being completely honest). Whole Foods Market agrees, and thankfully brought back its annual 12 Days of Cheese special for 2023.
From December 13 through 24, Whole Foods shoppers nationwide will be able to save on 12 predetermined artisanal cheeses (one of which is a Whole Foods exclusive). If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll score a discount of 35 percent. If you don't have Prime, you'll still save 28 percent. You can pick and choose your faves, or go for the $35 12 Days of Cheese sampler bag, which includes three cheeses, Savannah Bee Whipped Honey and crackers.
2023’s 12 Days of Cheese Lineup
- Jasper Hill Cabot Clothbound Cheddar: A tasty collaboration between Cabot Creamery and Jasper Hill Farm, this cheddar boasts notes of toasted nuts, caramel and grass and a lingering tangy finish.
- Uplands Pleasand Ridge Reserve: This award-winning pick hails from a grass-fed cheesemaker in Wisconsin. It's distinctly sweet with notes of pineapple, toasted nuts and grass, along with an allium-forward finish.
- Sweet Grass Dairy Thomasville Tomme: This is a raw cow's milk cheese made in the style of Pyrénées Tomme. It has a rich, creamy mouthfeel and a semi-firm golden interior wrapped in a thin, natural rind.
- Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog: This iconic soft-ripened goat cheese offers buttermilk overtones, a citrusy finish and a ribbon of edible ash through the center.
- Cowgirl Creamery Organic MT TAM: Ready your taste buds for this single-source, forage-based, triple-cream cheese with notes of salted butter, fresh cream and white mushrooms.
- Vermont Creamery Bijou: This button-shaped goat crottin is made in the tradition of goat cheeses of Loire Valley, France. It's light, yeasty and citrusy with a fudgy consistency.
- Neal's Yard Dairy Appleby's Cheshire: The Appleby family is now the only cheesemaker producing raw-milk, clothbound wheels of farmhouse-style British cheese. Crumbly and acidic, this one has a grassy, citrusy, creamy finish.
- MonS Pyrénées Brébis: Crafted in the Basque region of France, this mild, sweet cheese made from sheep's milk is bursting with hints of fresh rosemary, thyme and hazelnuts.
- EMMI Kaltbach Cave-Aged Gruyère: This is a tangy, nutty raw cow's milk cheese that's aged in the sandstone caves of Kaltbach, Switzerland. It's very rich and robust in both flavor and mouthfeel.
- Papillon Roquefort Revelation: Roquefort is as famous as cheeses come. It's required by law to be made from raw Lacaune sheep's milk. This one is robust with notes of licorice, herbs and pepper.
- Quattro Portoni Quadrello di Bufala: An Italian cheese you'll definitely want on your charcuterie board, this one is crafted from water buffalo milk. Think of it as a lighter, milder taleggio with a compact, fatty interior and a moist rind.
- Klare Melk Truffle Gouda: This Whole Foods exclusive is studded with black truffles for holiday-worthy opulence. It's a gorgeous match for honey.
While you're at it, might we suggest shopping Whole Foods Market's Top 10 Food Trends of 2024? The list includes everything from buckwheat noodles to cacao water.
Merry Cheesemas to all, and to all a good snack.