Oh My Gouda! Whole Foods Market’s ‘12 Days of Cheese’ Sale Has Begun
Between holiday parties, family gatherings and chilly weather, there's no such thing as too much cheese during the winter (or any time of the year, if we're being completely honest). Whole Foods Market agrees, and thankfully just brought back its annual 12 Days of Cheese special for 2022.
From December 13 through 24, Whole Foods shoppers nationwide will be able to save 30 percent on 12 predetermined artisanal cheeses (some of which are Whole Foods exclusives). Even better? Amazon Prime members can save an additional 10 percent. You can pick and choose your faves, or go for the $30 12 Days of Cheese sampler bag, which includes three cheeses, blackberry-rosemary spread, salami and crackers.
This Year’s 12 Days of Cheese Lineup
- Jasper Hill Farm Whitney: an Alpine-style raw cow's milk cheese with notes of sweet cream, cured ham and toasted nuts
- Rogue Creamery Organic Oregon Blue: an approachable blue cheese that's fruity and slightly sweet
- Sweet Grass Dairy Thomasville Tomme Raw: a raw cow's milk cheese that's aged for at least 60 days for complex, subtle earthiness and creamy texture
- Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog: a soft-ripened goat cheese with buttermilk overtones, a citrusy finish and a ribbon of edible ash through the center
- Cowgirl Creamery Organic MT TAM: a savory triple-cream cheese with notes of salted butter, fresh cream and white mushrooms
- Vermont Creamery St. Albans Cheese: an American twist on French St. Marcellin cheese, made from cow's milk
- Neal's Yard Dairy Keen’s Cheddar: an English raw-milk cheddar that's dense, creamy and delightfully tangy
- Herve Mons Gabietou: a delicate cheese made from raw sheep and cow's milks in the French Pyrenees mountains
- EMMI Kaltbach Cave-Aged Le Gruyère AOP: a tangy, nutty raw cow's milk cheese that's aged in the sandstone caves of Kaltbach, Switzerland
- Mitica Sottocenere al Tartufo: a semisoft, aged, Venetian-style cow's milk cheese, infused with black truffles
- Kaasaggio Robusto Gouda: an aged cheese with notes of nuts and Parmesan; prime for slicing and melting
- Istara P'tit Basque: a creamy sheep's milk cheese that has mild, nutty flavor and subtle sweetness
While you're at it, might we suggest shopping Whole Foods' Top 10 Food Trends of 2023? The list includes everything from yaupon tea to spaghetti squash pasta to date syrup.
Merry Cheesemas to all, and to all a good snack.
Taryn Pire is PureWow’s associate food editor. A former bartender and barista, she’s been writing about all things delicious since 2016, developing recipes, reviewing restaurants and investigating food trends at Food52, New Jersey Family Magazine and Taste Talks. When she isn’t testing TikTok’s latest viral recipe, she’s having popcorn for dinner and posting about it on Instagram @cookingwithpire.