This dish went viral after the release of Snoop’s cookbook, From Crook to Cook: Platinum Recipes from Tha Boss Dogg’s Kitchen, in 2018. The bacon is famously sweet *and* spicy, as well as shatteringly crisp, thanks to being baked instead of cooked on the stovetop.
You can watch the full episode here or start cooking with the simple recipe below.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound extra-thick cut bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top of it. Spray the rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the brown sugar, crushed red pepper flakes and black pepper to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Lay the bacon strips atop the wire rack. (You’ll need to prepare multiple batches to cook the entire pound.) Sprinkle the spice mixture atop the bacon strips.
- Bake for 30 minutes until crispy and caramelized.