We never thought we’d be taking breakfast advice from Snoop Dogg, but hey, it’s 2023, and here we are. Believe it or not, the rapper and actor knows his way around the kitchen (we’ll chalk that up in part to being BFFs with Martha Stewart). And in our latest episode of Celeb Bites, a YouTube series where we attempt to cook and bake like the stars to find out if their recipes are worth the hype, we try his four-ingredient Billionaire Bacon on for size.
Is Snoop Dogg’s Bacon Recipe the Best of All Time? We Cooked It to Find Out
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
This dish went viral after the release of Snoop’s cookbook, From Crook to Cook: Platinum Recipes from Tha Boss Dogg’s Kitchen, in 2018. The bacon is famously sweet *and* spicy, as well as shatteringly crisp, thanks to being baked instead of cooked on the stovetop.
You can watch the full episode here or start cooking with the simple recipe below.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound extra-thick cut bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top of it. Spray the rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the brown sugar, crushed red pepper flakes and black pepper to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Lay the bacon strips atop the wire rack. (You’ll need to prepare multiple batches to cook the entire pound.) Sprinkle the spice mixture atop the bacon strips.
- Bake for 30 minutes until crispy and caramelized.
Taryn Pire is PureWow’s associate food editor. A former bartender and barista, she’s been writing about all things delicious since 2016, developing recipes, reviewing restaurants and investigating food trends at Food52, New Jersey Family Magazine and Taste Talks. When she isn’t testing TikTok’s latest viral recipe, she’s having popcorn for dinner and posting about it on Instagram @cookingwithpire.