30 Low Calorie Pasta Recipes You Need to Try Now
Easy to make, easier to eat
Have you heard the news? According to the most glorious study of all time, pasta isn’t as unhealthy as we originally thought. This calls for a celebration: Try one of these lighter, low-calorie pasta recipes for dinner tonight.
1. Coconut Curry Pasta with Clams, Mussels and Corn
Craving a creamy sauce? Swap coconut milk for dairy and you’ll cut your calories in half.
2. Carrot Pasta
No need to feel guilty about getting another helping of these gnocchi-like clouds.
3. Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Thanks to the world’s most versatile veggie, a bowl of this stuff is under 500 calories.
4. Fettuccine with Mushroom Alfredo
This lighter take uses milk instead of cream, so feel free to have seconds.
5. Pesto Zoodles
OK, this isn’t technically pasta, but it’s just as good. We promise.
6. Mixed Greens Lasagna
There’s so much kale hidden in here, it’s practically a salad.
7. Spaghetti with Avocado Sauce
8. Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes
Use light ricotta cheese to make the dish even lighter.
12. Mushroom Alfredo Pasta Bake
Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you can’t have a liiiitle bit of Gruyère cheese.
13. 15-Minute Lemony Broccolini Pasta
It’s gorgeous enough to serve at your next dinner party, but not too fancy for the kiddos.
14. One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta
The best part (beyond having just one pot to clean)? Once you’ve mastered this version, you can customize the recipe to your heart’s content.
15. Summer Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Burrata
It's pretty magical and not too fancy for the kiddos.
16. Grain-Free Mushroom, Spinach and Leek Pasta
You can use any variety of grain-free pasta, but we’re a big fan of the Cappello’s brand: fresh pasta that’s both gluten- and grain-free.
17. Golden Sundried Tomato Red Lentil Pasta
This bright red pasta is packed with fiber and healthy carbs—plus, it’s so much prettier than the regular kind.
18. One-Pot Skinny Pasta Primavera
Half pasta, half veggies and topped with creamy almond milk sauce.
19. Skinny Fajita Shrimp Pasta
Make it with whole-wheat pasta for a little extra virtue.
20. Vegan Spaghetti Squash with Mushroom Marinara Sauce
Psst: Subbing in veggies for pasta means you can have two bowls.
21. Creamy Vegan Pesto Pasta
Need an easy weeknight dinner? Use store-bought pesto.
22. Easy Balsamic Veggie Pasta
This fresh mix of vegetables and balsamic is filling and healthy at the same time.
23. Whole-Grain Pasta with Pesto, Mozzarella, Pine Nuts and Tomato
The perfect not-sad-desk-lunch option.
24. Baked Zucchini 'Ziti' Spirals with Mozzarella
Even the kids will love this one.
26. Butternut Squash Carbonara
Add in some mashed butternut squash and cut down on the butter and your favorite decadent dish is officially healthy.
27. Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta
Our favorite veggie saves the day. It’s rich and creamy, without all the calories.
28. Peanut Ginger Noodles
It tastes just like takeout but will set you back only 400 calories.
29. Zucchini Pasta with Lentil Bolognese
Bonus: It’s ready in just 30 minutes.
30. One-Pot, 15-Minute Pasta Limone
This one-pot, pasta limone is like dinner in your back pocket: You likely have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already, and it comes together in practically no time.