30 Tasty Keto Side Dishes You Can Eat with Anything
No doubt about it: The ketogenic diet takes planning, willpower and dedication. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a delish entrée with a side dish (or three) for dinner every night. To make planning a bit easier, we’ve rounded up 30 tasty keto side dishes. The best part? Bacon is involved. Lots of bacon.
1. Cacio E Pepe Brussels Sprouts
The simple combo of black pepper and cheese instantly elevates not only pasta but also pretty much every veggie.
2. Crispy Prosciutto-Wrapped Cauliflower Bites
They’re basically inside-out pigs in a blanket, but totally keto! Serve them as an appetizer at your next party, or just make a batch for a good Netflix nosh.
3. Turnip Fries
Two things we love: 1) Turning other vegetables into fries and 2) Baking them in the oven instead of, well, frying them.
4. Gluten-Free Cheese and Cauliflower 'Breadsticks'
Eat your heart out, Olive Garden. You can make these gluten-free cheesy cauliflower “breadsticks” in less than an hour.
6. Easy One-Pan Ratatouille
While the traditional version is slow-cooked on the stove, this one is delightfully hands-off.
7. Avocado Pepperoni Salad
It’s the protein one-two punch and you can whip it up with only 3 ingredients. Too easy!
9. Cauliflower ‘Potato’ Salad
When the carb cravings hit, cauliflower is here to sub in for potatoes! And yes, it works.
10. 20-Minute Egg Roll Bowls
Just sub the soy sauce for coconut aminos and you're good-to-go.
11. Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Crisp evenings call for an autumnal soup—just skip the maple syrup so it's keto-friendly.
12. Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
For a hearty and cozy side, we give you this sausage-stuffed acorn squash with mushrooms and apples.
13. Mediterranean Low-Carb Broccoli Salad
Get those greens, the low-carb way.
14. Corn and Tomato Salad with Feta and Lime
We paired two of our favorite in-season vegetables into one summery side dish. Behold the corn and tomato salad.
15. Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Ranch
Just because it’s a keto vegetarian dish doesn’t mean it can’t be totally extra. Enter: Your new favorite condiment, tahini ranch.
16. Zucchini & Tomato Ragù
Presenting ratatouille's chic Italian cousin: zucchini and tomato ragù.
17. Chicken Cobb Salad with Buffalo Ranch
We feel stronger and more energized already.
18. Keto Instant Pot Greek Cauliflower Rice
Plain cauliflower rice is just fine. But this Greek cauliflower rice, from Jen Fisch is even better.
19. Roasted Broccoli ‘Steaks’ with Garlic-Sesame Vinaigrette
Sure, broccoli ranks high among our favorite veggies, but roast it until caramelized and it becomes transformative.
21. Ina Garten’s Roasted Broccolini & Cheddar
Best of all, it takes less than 20 minutes to make and calls for just five ingredients. This is—dare we say?—genius.
20. Melted Onions
Onions as a side dish? Yes, especially if they’re deeply caramelized, sweet and melty.
22. Ginger-Scallion Pork & Kale Salad
We’re suckers for a kale salad, but when the leafy greens are served raw, they can be a little…hard to swallow.
23. Poached Egg with Frisée and Arugula Salad
It’s a dish you’d find on a brunch menu, but is easy to recreate as a side at home.
24. Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Sriracha and Lime
The sweet potato is versatile, healthy and as close as we’ll get to eating candy for dinner.
25. Baby Vegetables with Orange and Thyme
Roasted veggies are a beloved go-to side. Pair these with roast chicken or salmon and you're good-to-go!
28. Minty-Fresh Zucchini Salad with Marinated Feta
If you thought the humble zucchini was only good for quick breads and zoodle bowls, we’ve got news.
26. Sweet Potato, Bacon and Broccoli Egg Muffins
They’re quick, filling and healthy to boot (they’re gluten- and dairy-free!).
27. Caprese Salad Boats
Few things are more satisfying than a plateful of ripe tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese.
29. Charred Cauliflower with Crunchy Garlic Chile Oil
Good thing it can be made ahead and keeps for up to a month, because we’re stocking up.
30. Cauliflower Fried Rice
This cauliflower fried rice is super tasty, a breeze to whip up and still really good for you. Win-win-win.