Looking for a Swimsuit Cover-Up on Amazon? Here Are 22 Styles We’re Loving
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
Have a tropical getaway right around the corner? Prepping for spring break? Just really, really excited for summer? Whatever the reason, you’re searching for a swimsuit coverup on Amazon. And because there are a ton of incredibly cute (and affordable) ones you can have shipped to your door before you can say “which way’s the beach?” it can feel overwhelming to sift through and find your perfect match. That’s where we come in.
How to Style a Swimsuit Cover-Up
You can style a swimsuit cover-up based on occasion, location, swimsuit style or if there’s something specific you’re trying to cover up. And if there’s a certain aesthetic you’re trying to accomplish, say, a coastal grandma look, you’ll want to aim for linen materials and muted colors. If you’re headed to your best friend’s Bachelorette party in Cabo, grab something a little trendier, maybe a Y2K themed sheer skirt.
From boho pieces to styles perfect for the minimalist, we’ve rounded up the best swimsuit cover-ups on Amazon for you to add to cart.
The Top 5 Best Swimsuit Cover Ups on Amazon at a Glance
- Why We Love It: Longer in the back for extra coverage, rollup button sleeves
- Notable Review: “It was very fun, flattering and never hot in the Florida heat. It came wrinkled out of the package, [but] I tossed it on as it was since I was just going on the boat [and] by the time we got to the dock I noticed most the wrinkles had flattened themselves out.”
This simple, lightweight coverup is a popular pick among Amazon shoppers, as it has more than 17,000 five-star ratings. It’s longer in the back to give you more coverage and it comes in 41 (yes, forty-one) colors. At this price, you may as well buy yourself a few.
- Why We Love It: Side slits, 25 color options
- Notable Review: “Absolutely loved this cover-up! Was worried it wouldn’t be big enough since it’s one size, but it had plenty of room. Perfect for my Mexico trip!”
We’re loving the boho vibes of this pullover cover-up. The wide weave of the fabric will be nice and airy to keep you cooled off by the shore while still keeping you covered if you’re not ready to show off your bikini just yet.
- Why We Love It: Versatile, multiple pattern options
- Notable Review: “It fits well, [is] flattering and easy to care for. [It] dried fast and did not fade with a chlorine swimsuit underneath.”
If you’re in the market for something a little simpler, opt for this versatile style. It can be worn over your suit by the pool or out to dinner. The rayon-polyester blend is breathable and the flowy silhouette won’t cling to your body.
- Why We Love It: Side tie closure, different length options
- Notable Review: “This product is very nice and flattering as a bathing suit cover. [It’s] lightweight and not too sheer.”
Available in a myriad of colors and styles, you can get multiple skirts that look totally different to add to your cover-up collection. We recommend wearing it over a one-piece so it looks like a sexy outfit all by itself. Some reviewers note that it does run a bit long, so if you’re on the shorter side, maybe consider grabbing one of the cropped styles.
- Why We Love It: Sheer fabric, oversize fit
- Notable Review: “I bought this as a beach cover up and it’s awesome. Not too sheer, but lightweight and the fabric doesn’t feel cheap. I’ve washed it multiple times and it holds super well. Highly recommend.”
We love the chill look of this slouchy, sheer button-down. It comes in 45 colors and patterns (woah) and can be buttoned or tied in the front. And when you’re not at the beach, throw it over a cute dress as an extra layer.
- Why We Love It: High side slits, crocheted stitching
- Notable Review: “This was the only cover-up I could wear on my beach trip six months pregnant! The material is super soft and comfy. It even looks nice enough that I walked around the beach shops in it all day, too.”
You’ll still be able to show off your cute swimsuit under this dress because of the wide crochet stitching. It comes eight colors, and how cute are those high side slits? Reviewers note that it fits on the larger size so if you want something tighter, consider sizing down.
- Why We Love It: Floral pattern, tassels
- Notable Review: “I get the most amazing compliments when I wear this! Great for a bathing suit cover or just pair it with a cute jeans outfit too!”
The tissue-like hem is lined with small tassels for a fun bonus. This is a great option for those who just want to toss on something quick to head down to the water. It comes in 43 colors and patterns and is a lightweight polyester gauze material so you won’t feel overheated in it.
- Why We Love It: Low-cut neckline, sheer rayon
- Notable Review: “It’s high-quality rayon, well-constructed and very flattering. I’m 5’6”, 180lb, hourglass figure, and this comes nicely to my calves and flows around me.”
If you’re looking for a sexy option for your getaway, this one ties mid-waist for a low-cut neckline. It’s made of a sheer rayon material and is available in 20 hues.
- Why We Love It: Lace details, feminine silhouette
- Notable Review: “I am not slim like this model however I must admit I still look as cute as her in this! It fits very well & is so cute & I love this green/teal color. My new fave swimsuit cover-up!”
The sheer number will show off your swim top while adding some extra detail with the crocheted embroidery. This cover-up is meant to be super short and we even love the idea of wearing it with a bralette for non-beach days.
- Why We love It: Stretchy, SPF 50 sun protection
- Notable Review: “This is so flattering, and is cut very nicely…[it] fits true to size—I wear a medium in most things, and that's what size I ordered.”
This practical option is great for those trying to get more protection from the sun. It offers up to SPF 50 and the stretchy material makes it comfortable to wear even when it’s hot out. It comes in four colors, too.
- Why We Love It: Two cover-ups, 23 color combinations
- Notable Review: “I’m small framed and don’t like sarongs that are so big that they cover my entire body. These were the perfect size, lightweight, the amount of sheerness was exactly what I wanted.”
Two skirts for the price of one? Yes, please. This set comes with two different colored skirts (of which there are 23 shade combinations) and they’re sheer enough that you’ll be able to see your bottoms underneath. They have side ties you can wear them as tight or loose as you want.
- Why We Love It: Sheer, lace detailing at the hems
- Notable Review: “I wear the pants in the sun full-time when I'm at the pool, they help block out some of the sun rays but I still get sun on my legs. The quality of the pants is excellent. Give them a try, you'll be glad you did.”
These sheer pants will give your legs coverage without blocking out the sun fully, thanks to the semi-sheer polyester material. They’re available in 27 styles and colors and the elastic waist is said to be nice and stretchy.
- Why We Love It: Side cut-outs, tight weave
- Notable Review: “The material is soft and it comes with strings to adjust the size around the waist and the ends of the sleeves. Very cute to put over a bikini.”
We’ve seen this swimsuit cover up all over TikTok, and we have to admit it’s one of our favorites on the list. Buyers say the skirt has some stretch but the top is pretty snug, so larger chest ladies may want to size up.
- Why We Love It: Side slits, nine color options
- Notable Review: “I got this cover-up to wear on my honeymoon at a resort and it was PERFECT! The way it fits is so flattering and the fabric didn’t feel like it was sticking to me. My only warning is to hand wash it because it is dainty and probably not durable enough to machine wash.”
This crocheted dress can go over a bikini, one piece, tankini or whatever you’re wearing to the beach. The side slits will make it easy to move around and the wide weave will keep you cooled off. Don’t leave it on in the sun too long, though, or you may end up with some strange tan lines.
- Why We Love It: Tassled hem, elastic waistband
- Notable Review: “[The] perfect cover-up that still allows for a little bit to show, but conceals just the right amount! I was able to wear some of my cheekier bathing suit bottoms with confidence. This fit my waist perfect, with just a little bit of room, not tight, for it to be comfortable while sitting.”
Toss this adorable skirt on over your suit for a fun, beachy look. It has crocheted stitching and tassels along the bottom. The elastic waistband is nice and stretchy, but we recommend washing it sparingly and carefully as the construction of the skirt is seemingly delicate, according to reviewers.
- Why We Love It: Linen, flowy silhouette
- Notable Review: “These are amazing. I wear them all the time would like them in every color. They are durable—I am a klutz so I may have washed them 1,000 times still look and fit like day one.”
These are said to be super comfortable to toss on because of the lightweight linen and flowy fit. They come in 16 colors and have a drawstring waistband. Buyers mention sizing up for a roomier fit.
- Why We Love It: Empire waist, sheer overlay
- Notable Review: “Threw this on to go to lunch after the pool while on vacation. Super light, breezy and gauzy. [It’s a] great fabric for tropical vacations.”
Available in nine gorgeous shades, this breezy dress can be worn shore-side or out and about. It’s lined, so you won’t have the full sheer effect like most cover-ups, but the flowy silhouette makes it easy to throw on and off.
- Why We Love It: Versatile, large pockets
- Notable Review: “These [shorts] have become my favorites. I really love them, and I'd buy them again in an instant. They do fade a little, but I've washed them quite a bit. Definitely a good buy.”
Reviewers note that these summery shorts aren’t only versatile to wear on and off the beach, but they dry quickly if you get them wet. They’re available in 34 colors and the pockets are large enough to hold your phone, too.
- Why We Love It: Loose fit, V-neck
- Notable Review: “[It’s] super comfortable and perfect for any casual occasion! I used it for a swimsuit cover-up and as a casual dinner outfit during vacation and it was so comfortable! Definitely recommend staying true to your size as it does run a tad large (it's described as being oversize anyways).
If you don’t want a dress flying up on you by the ocean, a romper is a great alternative. This oversize piece looks like a dress, and the V-neck and longer straps will show off your bikini top. Plus, it comes in 14 colors.
- Why We Love It: Two-piece set, drawstring shorts
- Notable Review: “I do like the set a lot, so hopefully, I'll get a lot of use out of it. The shorts come down a nice length on the thighs, they're not super short like some sets you get.”
It’s no secret we love a matching set, and this one is bound to become a staple come summer. Some reviewers note that the top fits a little snug, so consider sizing up if you prefer something roomier.
- Why We Love It: Full button-up maxi, side slits
- Notable Review: “I like the length as the sun can get really hot where I am and the longer length protects my skin. Very light so you don't feel over heated in it.”
A lightweight swimsuit cover-up is essential when it comes to not sweating your butt off the whole day. Reviewers say this maxi is very breathable, and we love that it buttons from top to bottom so you can show off as much—or as little—skin as you want.
- Why We Love It: Sheer, ruffled hems
- Notable Review: “I would not consider this a dress to wear alone as it is a little sheer. Perfect though if you're grabbing a bite to eat on the beach or jumping on the boat. I bought a size large and it fit great.”
A flouncy, feminine dress to throw on over your suit (wet or dry) will have you looking adorable wherever you are. Buyers mention that it runs a smidge large and the drawstring, empire waist doesn’t adjust, so size down if you want something a little more snug.