20 Dresses with Pockets That Are the Perfect Mix of Fashion & Function
Admit it: Dresses with pockets are the best thing since sliced bread. Sure, they give you the ability to carry around small, everyday essentials sans handbag, but they also serve as the perfect place to put your hands when you aren’t quite sure what to do with them. (A never-ending struggle, TBH.) And name a moment more exhilarating than receiving a compliment on said dress and excitedly responding with, “Thanks, it has pockets!" Exactly.
If we had our druthers, every dress would be designed with the nifty pouches, and their pocket-less counterparts would cease to exist all together. But we can’t always get our way, and thus, we have to track down these fashion-meets-function MVPs all on our own. Good news though, because shopping for them is a breeze, so long as you know where to look. And even better news: We do, so of course we’re going to show you what’s caught our eye. From frocks made for picnics in the park and minimalist styles ideal for lounging to romantic, puffed-sleeve minis and flowy maxis, here are 20 of the best dresses with pockets that will add a dose of functionality to your OOTD.
Best Dresses with Pockets at a Glance:
- Best Tiered Dress: Everlane The Tiered Midi Dress
- Best Mini Dress: Abercrombie & Fitch Puff Sleeve Mini Dress
- Best Cotton Dress: Madewell Sophia Midi Dress
- Best Button-Down Dress: Crew Button-Front Dress
- Best Linen Dress: Pilcro Flutter Sleeve Midi Dress
- Best Maxi Dress: Anthropologie Somerset Maxi Dress
- Best Midi Slip Dress: Mango Flowy Slit Dress
- Best Midi Dress: Reformation Rou Dress
- Best Coverall Dress: Madewell Signature Coverall Dress
- Best Office-Friendly Dress: Crew Resume Dress
- Best Shirt Dress: Pilcro Button Down Shirt Dress
- Best Smocked Dress: Abercrombie & Fitch Easy Maxi Dress
- Best Maxi Slip Dress: Treasure & Bond Favorite Slip Dress
- Best Strapless Dress: Reformation Lissa Dress
- Best Wrap Dress: Amazon Essentials Wrap Dress
- Best Open-Back Dress: Abercrombie & Fitch Open Back Midi Dress
- Best Casual Dress: Daily Practice by Anthropologie Utility Mini Dress
- Best Cover-Up Dress: Becca Breezy Basics Cover-Up Dress
- Best Cami Dress: Abercrombie & Fitch Babydoll Mini Dress
- Best Budget-Friendly Dress: Amazon Essentials Tank Maxi Dress
It’s effortless, it’s flowy, it’s lightweight and it’s versatile enough to wear from spring through fall. Oh, and we especially love that green apple hue that has us dreaming of freshly picked fruit and blooming tulips.
Size range: XXS to XL
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, versatility in fashion is just *chef’s kiss.* So while we’re thrilled by the pockets on this chic midi, what truly sold us was the removable shoulder straps, so you can wear it with spaghetti straps one day and strapless the next.
Size range: 0 to 12
Whether you slip this on for Sunday errands or don it for your next outdoor jog (because yes, it is workout-friendly) you’ll appreciate this frock’s soft cotton material that’s breathable and so easy to move in.
Size range: XXS to XL
Whether you pair it with heeled mules, sleek booties or white sneakers, this $25 stunner makes for an instant, no-thought-required kind of outfit.
Size range: XS to XXL