There’s nothing better than curling up on your couch at the end of a long day (or first thing on a Sunday, amirite?). Why not provide your dog with the same luxury? Dog sofas are quickly becoming the next best thing in doggy naptime. They tend to be sturdier than regular beds and can provide extra support for dogs who need it. Plus, they can help you establish boundaries when it comes to which pieces of furniture your dog is allowed to use. Don’t want your pup on your new modular sofa? Get Lola her very own lounger. Here, the best dog sofas you can buy right now.
The 11 Best Dog Sofas Because You Love Your Pup, But You Also Love Your Couch
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
Choosing a Dog Sofa
As always when making a pet purchase, choose based on your dog’s needs. Senior dogs should definitely receive an orthopedic bed or sofa that is easy to access (don’t make them jump through hoops to get a good rest!).
Several manufacturers on our list recommend measuring your dog from the tip of their noses to the base of their tails and adding six more inches or a full foot to figure out how long the dog sofa should be. So, if your pup measures 25 inches long, go for a bed between 31 and 37 inches long (at least!). Use the same system to determine width.
Best Dog Sofas at a Glance
- Best Overall: La-Z-Boy Furniture Sofa Dog Bed
- Best Overstuffed: Snoozer Pet Products Luxury Overstuffed Dog Bed
- Most Durable: Moots Premium Leatherette Pets Sofa
- Best Orthopedic: Orthopedic Dog Sofa by Club Nine Pets
- Best Outdoor: Lininger Raised Rattan Dog Sofa
- Best for Small Breeds: Frisco Elevated Curved Dog Sofa
- Best Design: Frisco Elevated Art Deco Dog Sofa
- Best for Large Breeds: Enchanted Home Pet Library Sofa
- Best Chaise: HomePop’s Sophisticated Decorative Dog Sofa
- Best for Senior Dogs: Longbridge Dog Sofa by Tucker Murphy Pet
- Most Instagrammable: Stallworth Dog Sofa by Tucker Murphy Pet
1. La-Z-Boy Furniture Sofa Dog Bed
- Pros: Sturdy base, removable/washable cover
- Cons: Pricier than some models, not ideal for large breeds
Covered in what the manufacturer calls “human-grade textured chenille” with a wooden base, this is a Honey I Shrunk the Couch situation: a mini version of a people couch for your pooch! The fabric is meant to make it hard to see the inevitable buildup of dog hair. If it gets to be too much, the cover is removable and machine washable. Lola can rest her head on one of three bolstered sides (the gray version is larger than the blue version, so be sure to pick the right one for your dog’s size).
2. Snoozer Pet Products Luxury Overstuffed Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover
- Pros: Works for breeds of all sizes, durable and removable/washable cover
- Cons: Not too aesthetically pleasing
If you do want a modular-looking piece of furniture made especially for your dog, look no further than this overstuffed sofa. It comes in four colors (buckskin, black, anthracite and hot fudge) and three sizes. The XL size is said to work well for even the largest of breeds. The cover is made of durable microsuede that the manufacturer claims has a rub count of 100,000 double rubs. According to Greenhouse Fabrics, anything over 15,000 double rubs is considered heavy duty. This cover can be removed if needed and washed in the machine.
3. Moots Premium Leatherette Pets Sofa
- Pros: Waterproof liner, durable frame
- Cons: Some reviewers say it’s too lightweight for large breeds
This sofa frame is made with wood, protected by a waterproof liner and covered in faux leather, which makes spot cleaning a cinch. The cushions, full of a combination of memory foam and poly-fiber pieces, are covered in silky soft fabric (which can be removed and tossed in with the laundry). The zipper on the cover is also designed to prevent dogs who like to chew and tug from ripping it open.
4. Orthopedic Dog Sofa by Club Nine Pets
- Pros: Helps relieve joint pain, removable/washable cover
- Cons: Difficult to put together
Dogs with stiff joints or recovering from surgery (or just lots of playtime at the dog park), could use extra support from an orthopedic sofa. Club Nine Pets says this sofa will “evenly distribute and balance a dog’s weight” to prevent a single spot from getting too sore. This can help your pup sleep better and recover more quickly. The largest size option works for dogs up to 80 pounds - or, as some reviewers have found, two dogs up to 40 pounds or so each. A few reviews note the back of the sofa is difficult to attach to the rest of the couch.
5. Lininger Raised Rattan Dog Sofa by Archie & Oscar™
- Pros: Elevated for cooling effect, sturdy, removable/washable cover
- Cons: Meant for only small and medium breeds
An outdoor dog sofa is ideal for porches, decks and any space your dog may want to lounge in the yard. We like this model for its roof! Dogs need protection from the sunshine just as much as people do. Built using solid steel and PE rattan, this thing will stand up to the elements and keep your dog cool (it’s slightly elevated). Ideally, bring the foam cushion in before it rains. But no worries, if not! You can remove the cover and wash it later.
Best for Small Breeds
6. Frisco Elevated Curved Dog Sofa
- Pros: Stylish, sturdy
- Cons: Spot-cleaning only
We can’t decide if we like the blush pink, olive green or gray option best! This adorable dog sofa is perfect for small and toy breeds who need velvety soft thrones to curl up on. The golden legs add a little glam, but don’t let that fool you. The manufacturer says it can hold up to 150 pounds!
7. Frisco Elevated Art Deco Dog Sofa
- Pros: Beautiful, colorful, works for large and small breeds
- Cons: Spot-cleaning only, pricey
Need a jewel-toned, art deco, stylish addition to your living room? Here she is. This elevated sofa comes in three gorgeous hues and, like the curved dog sofa, its gold legs can support up to 150 pounds. It’s “velvety soft” according to the manufacturer and one reviewer enjoys that it comes with leg protectors to keep floors scratch-free.
Best for Large Breeds
8. Enchanted Home Pet Library Sofa
- Pros: Easy to clean, sturdy build
- Cons: Not for heavy chewers
Reviewers with German Shepherds and Dobermans say this bed works for their pups (though the German Shepherd owner’s dog prefers a blanket instead of the faux leather on the cushions). That being said, it works for large and small breeds alike. Wooden legs provide stability and there’s even a pocket on the back of the sofa for Lola’s favorite toy. The cushion cover is removable to wash, but the material makes it easy to wipe clean if needed.
9. HomePop’s Sophisticated Decorative Dog Sofa
- Pros: Holds up to 100 pounds, sturdy build, dynamic pattern, orthopedic
- Cons: Not long or wide enough for large breeds, spot-cleaning only
Uh oh, do we have a diva on our hands? Reward your dog’s dramatic behavior with this doggy chaise sofa! The chevron pattern is funky and the cushions are full of memory foam for an orthopedic touch. Your queen will be supported by four wooden legs in walnut finish. Many users rave about how sturdy this sofa is, noting often more than one dog wants to lay on it at a time.
Best for Senior Dogs
10. Longbridge Dog Sofa by Tucker Murphy Pet
- Pros: Orthopedic, easy access, removable/washable cover
- Cons: Only one size available, expensive
Senior dogs often suffer from hip dysplasia or joint issues, which means climbing or jumping onto a raised sofa is painful and difficult. This sofa is only four inches tall and is cushioned with foam for a soothing orthopedic rest. The manufacturer says “super-loft high memory fiber” fill the side pillows for added support and security. We also love that the covers are removable, washable and water-resistant, so don’t worry about plopping this in the yard if your elderly dog wants to join the family outside on her favorite bed. One satisfied user says the “pillows and padding have held their shape well after several uses by my large American Bully dog.”
11. Stallworth Dog Sofa by Tucker Murphy Pet
- Pros: Aesthetically pleasing, durable, removable/washable cover
- Cons: Cover fabric may be rougher than expected
We couldn’t wait to include this real bamboo dog sofa on our list! The look exudes weekend relaxation vibes and there is no assembly required. Users with all kinds of breeds rave about this bed. Labs, Golden Retrievers, Dachshunds, Pit Bulls and Greyhounds alike seem to enjoy lounging on this looker. One user said her dog wasn’t a fan of the cushion fabric, so she put a softer blanket on it to make it more comfortable. We think this would look perfect on a porch or next to some dog-friendly plants.