30 Amazing Things to Do in the Hamptons This July
Summertime and the living’s easy—or at least it should be. The East End truly comes alive this time of year, with more festivals, pop-ups and parties than you can count. We’ve found the best 30 ways to make the most of the dog days.
1. Let Michelin-starred chef (and the Surf Lodge’s new summer culinary director) Shaun Hergatt feed you dishes like whole Maine lobster with red curry, then dance night away at one of the hotel’s legendary concerts.
2. Get your tickets now for Outstanding in the Field’s Secret Hamptons Dinner (on August 9). The “table-to-farm” dinner series is known to sell out quickly.
3. Did you know Montauk Beach House has some of the best pizzas in the Hamptons? Make a dinner reservation, or order through Uber Eats. (The Truffata is our favorite.)
4. Pack a blanket and a picnic, and post up for Montauk’s annual Fourth of July fireworks show.
5. Carnival games, delicious foods, stilt walkers and pyrotechnics: The Southampton Fresh Air Home American Picnic takes place on July 5.
6. Add a pop of color to your summer travel gear with customizable backpacks, duffels, pouches and lunch boxes from Stoney Clover Lane.
8. Dance, dance, dance when AKT East Hampton hosts EH Intensive (July 8 to 12). The weeklong fitness event will include workouts taught by celebrity trainer Anna Kaiser (and Q&As with Anna on select days).
9. Fire up the grill with lineup of female chefs—Kia Damon, Elizabeth Karmel and Yossy Arefi—on July 11 as part of the Grilling with Roman Series 2019 at Wölffer Estate Vineyard.
10. Berry season is our jam. Pick strawberries now through the end of the month (and raspberries starting mid-July) at Hank’s Pumpkintown.
12. Take a spin class at with Flywheel and SoulCycle co-founder Ruth Zukerman during her summer residency at Hamptons Gym.
14. Spend a Friday night sipping wine and expanding your brain on the back lawn at the Hamptons Library when best-selling authors come out for Q&As during the annual Fridays at Five.
15. Take the ferry to Shelter Island, and spend a night listening to music at one of Ram’s Head Inn’s Sunday Summer Jazz Series.
16. Enjoy the bounty of the East End every week at Hamptons farmers markets.
17. It’s a tough job, but someone has to decide who grills it better. Vote for your favorite chefs during Dan’s Taste of Summer GrillHampton on July 19.
18. Namaste and then sip at Wölffer Estate’s Yoga in the Vines, every Wednesday and Sunday.
19. Plan to do absolutely nothing besides lounge at the beach at least once this month—those lazy summer days are numbered.
20. Get your heart pumping with classes from Taryn Toomey, 305 Fitness and more during Sweat at the Surf Lodge on July 20.
21. The Hamptons International Film Festival’s SummerDocs series never fails to engross us: We’ll be diving deep into a mysterious plane crash with Cold Case Hammarskjöld on July 20.
22. Meet your fitness goals this July with custom sessions tailored to accomplish your needs at Erika Bloom Pilates.
25. Start your day with a lobster Benedict, avocado toast and a mimosa: The Clam Bar at Napeague now has breakfast.
28. Shop a curated selection of vegan and cruelty-free beauty products (from brands like Moon Juice, Costa Brazil and Supergoop), take a workout class or catch a wellness-focused talk at the new Surf Lodge Sanctuary.
29. Eat your way through The End at the Seventh Annual Taste of Montauk on July 28.