20 Amazing Things to Do in the Hamptons This July
July starts with a party (see: fireworks) and doesn’t slow down. The East End is truly your oyster this time of year. And while it’s easy to pack your days and nights browsing the pop-up shops, hitting up one new restaurant after another and working on your summer glow, you need to remember to pencil in time to relax. We’re here to help. Here are 20 things you need to see, do and eat this month.
1. Get your sweat on with New York Pilates, which recently expanded its Montauk studio. After the (crazy-intense) workout, browse the curated selection of goods from brands including Mott50 swimwear, Gamine sunglasses and more.
2. Kick off the month with a week of Champagne, sparklers and dancing. Nikki Beach (the luxe beach club with locations in Miami, Saint-Tropez and Mallorca, among others) pops up at Oreya at the Capri Hotel through July 4.
3. Berry season is the best season. Pick strawberries all through July and raspberries starting mid-July at Hank’s Pumpkintown.
4. Celebrate the Fourth with fireworks in Montauk, Southampton, Westhampton or Sag Harbor.
5. Need something affordable to do? The Hamptons International Film Festival is hosting free outdoor screenings of Steven Spielberg classics—from E.T. to The Post—every Friday night.
6. Nail that effortless summer vibe with a shopping trip to Sag Harbor’s AYR Beach House.
7. Left your favorite pair of shades in the city? Don’t panic. Have a friend put them on the Jitney for you. The NYC to Hamptons bus will transport small packages—same day—for a fee.
9. Dance the night away in Bridgehampton on July 14 during the 14th Annual Hamptons Happening benefiting the Samuel Waxman Cancer Research Foundatio.
10. Travel to Italy by way of Water Mill at the newly opened Culaccino in the former Mirko’s space.
11. It’s a tough job, but someone has to do it: Vote for your favorite flame-cooked fare (from spots like Shake Shack and Il Buco Alimentari) during Dan’s Taste of Summer GrillHampton on July 20.
12. Sip a Baileys banana colada while watching the sunset and listening to live music on Sundays at Harbor Bistro.
14. Get inspired listening to director Dava Whisenant talk about her award-winning documentary Bathtubs Over Broadway during Hamptons International Film Festival’s SummerDocs on July 21.
15. Raise a glass of local wine while indulging in the best bites of the North and South Fork when the Taste of Two Forks returns on July 21.
16. Treat yourself to loungewear you’ll live in all summer long at The Westside pop-up shop in East Hampton.
17. Have dinner in the vines (with a celebrity or two) when the James Beard Foundation’s Chefs & Champagne event returns to the Wölffer Estate Vineyard on July 28.
18. It’ll be hard, but try not to buy out the entire store at the St. Frank pop-up in East Hampton, open through the end of September. Rugs, pillows, throws and more calling our name.
19. Take a run (or walk) through lovely Sag Harbor on July 29 for Jordan’s Run: Veterans’ Memorial 5K Run/Walk, which honors a U.S. Marine and Sag Harbor native who lost his life in Iraq.
20. Eat your way through The End at the Sixth Annual Taste of Montauk on July 29.