Every Kate Middleton Appearance of 2020 So Far (She’s Gotta Be Exhausted)
So far, 2020 has been a bit of a wild ride, royally speaking. Ever since the clock struck January 9—Kate Middleton’s 38th birthday and the day after Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announced they were relocating to Canada—it feels like the Duchess of Cambridge has been pulling double-duty with royal events. Guys, Kate has made 13 royal appearances in a little over four weeks. (She made less than half that by this same time last year.) That’s more than 13 royal outfits (after all, some outings include multiple stops) and no doubt thousands of commoner handshakes and curtsies.
Was this how she intended to kick off the new decade? Only those in charge of her royal calendar know that. Here, every 2020 appearance by the future queen consort (so far).
1. When She Popped By Bradford with Prince William in Tow
It was their first official joint appearance in 2020—but also their first outing after Meghan and Harry’s departure. The pressure = on.
2. THEN COHOSTED A RECEPTION AT BUCKINGHAM PALACE
The royal cause? The UK-Africa Investment Summit. The dress? Head-to-toe sparkles from Needle & Thread.
3. When Kate Let the Kids Be in Charge at the Coolest Ever Science Museum
She was there to kick off The Early Years childhood survey, her own initiative to get a better understanding of the biggest issues challenging parents (and kids) today, but did it at the MiniBrum, a mini city where kids rule. (How appropo.)
4. Then Continued to Hang with the Younger Set in Cardiff, Wales
Back-to-back engagements, all in the name of her Early Years initiative. And she wore Zara. Go, mama, go.
5. When She Debuted Her Own Photos at a Holocaust Memorial Day Service
A solemn occasion, for sure. Also, proof the duchess has got skills.
6. Then led a Photography Workshop for Kids
It was a creative workshop run by the National Portrait Gallery’s Hospital Program. (A royal reminder that Kate is a patron.)
7. More Kid Content! Next Up, the Duchess Visited a Nursery School
She also famously wore a pie crust collar for the occasion. Talk about being dressed to impress.
9. When Kate Joined William Again to Visit the Mumbles in South Wales
She came, she saw, she covered up her fancy-schmancy duds with protective gear to tour a steel facility. All in a royal day’s work.
10. Then Tag-Teamed an Event with Prince Charles and Camilla Too
The new fab four? Based on this trip to the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre, it looks like it could be so.
11. Less Than a Week Later, She Headed to Northern Ireland
It was for a guided tour of the Ark Open Farm in Newtownards. More fodder for the Early Years Survey, of course.
13. HER LATEST (VIRTUAL) APPEARANCE WAS A PODCAST
Here, Kate talks about the monarchy and motherhood and what it was really like to appear on the front steps in front of the world with Prince George. (Spoiler alert: It was nerve-racking.)