The 45 Best Christmas Songs for Kids of All Ages
Including “Let It Snow” and “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas”
The most wonderful time of the year is almost upon us. When else do you get to whip up new holiday recipes, while the children actually spend more than 30 minutes on Christmas crafts? Not to mention, there’s finally an excuse for everyone to sport matching pajamas while binge watching family-friendly holiday movies. It’s also time to put up the holiday decorations, chop down that Christmas tree and curl up on the couch with cookies, stories and hot chocolate that’s topped with jumbo marshmallows. But the best part? Getting the whole family together for a singalong of holiday songs. Hands down. These timeless, catchy tunes never fail to get us in the spirit, whether we’re decorating the tree or spending quality time together on Christmas Eve. From “O Christmas Tree" to “Santa Shark” (yes, you read that correctly), here are 45 of the best Christmas songs for kids organized into these categories:
- Best Songs for Kindergarten Sing-Alongs
- Best Songs for Christmas Baking
- Best Songs for Tree Decorating
- Best Songs for Christmas Dance Parties
- Best Songs for Christmas Eve
- Best Songs for Christmas Day
Best Songs For Kindergarten Sing-alongs
1. “Reindeer Hokey Pokey” by The Kiboomers
This holiday remix of “Hokey Pokey” will have your kids up and dancing in no time (and maybe you, too).
2. “10 Little Elves” by Super Simple Songs
A Christmas song that’s both catchy and educational? Yes please. Even preschoolers can count 20 little elves with this fun tune.
3. “I’m a Little Snowman” by Super Simple Songs
The song is fun and quite descriptive, teaching kids to recognize the different parts of a snowman. It may even inspire your brood to build one, just like Elsa and Anna in Frozen.
4. “S-A-N-T-A" by Super Simple Songs
One of the best Christmas songs for kids is a clever remake of the popular children’s nursery rhyme, “B-I-N-G-O.” Even if your little ones are already familiar with the melody, they’ll love this holiday twist on the classic.
5. “Rudolph’s Nose” by Maple Leaf Learning
The song will come in handy for any child who needs practice with color recognition. In the video, they can identify the color of Rudolph’s nose, Santa’s beard and the Christmas tree.
6. “Santa Shark” by Super Simple Songs
Calling all “Baby Shark” fans! In this holiday upgrade on the viral song, we meet Santa Shark, his Elf Sharks and his four Reindeer Sharks. If this doesn’t take the cake for the best Christmas song for kids, we don’t know what does.
7. “Here Comes Suzy Snowflake” by Rosemary Clooney
Kids will love this fun, lighthearted jingle sung by none other than Rosemary Clooney. Now Frosty and Rudolph have another companion.
Best Songs for Christmas Baking
8. “12 Days of Christmas Cookies” by Cookie Monster
As if we needed another reason to love the furry Sesame Street character, Cookie Monster gives us a unique rendition of “12 Days of Christmas,” where he shares the 12 different kinds of cookies that he gets from his friends. In a word, it’s delicious.
9. “Let’s Make Cookies for Santa Claus” by Maple Leaf Learning
The song actually explains how to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch, and in the video, kids are treated to a simple, step-by-step guide. Talk about a win-win.
10. “Gingerbread Man” by The Kiboomers
This one is sure to have even teens dancing while they make their gingerbread cookies. In the video, a singing gingerbread man repeats a simple rhyme to explain how the treats are made.
11. “Christmas Cooking Song” by Little Baby Bum
Why would you not bust out a tune about Christmas sweets (aka every kid’s favorite part of the holidays)? In the accompanying video, two kids join their mom in the kitchen to help her decorate her festive desserts.
12. “It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” by Johnny Mathis
This is one of the best Christmas songs for kids (and adults) of all time. Seeing a kitchen that’s filled with holiday treats and snacks is a sure sign that Christmas time has officially arrived. Singing about it definitely seals the deal.
Best Songs for Tree Decorating
13. “Deck the Halls” by Love to Sing
It’s upbeat, fun and catchy enough to keep the whole family caroling as they transform the tree into a festive masterpiece.
14. “O Christmas Tree” by Pure Star Kids
What better way to mark this festive occasion than with this classic ode to the Christmas tree?
15. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” by Gene Autry
Listen, you can’t go wrong with everyone’s favorite reindeer. After all, without him, Santa wouldn’t have been able to deliver all of those presents.
16. “Jingle Bells” by Kids Music
We dare you not to sing along to this classic. Yeah, it’s impossible—and that’s what puts it on this list of best Christmas songs for kids. FYI, it’s totally worth having on repeat for a little while.
17. “The Twelve Days of Christmas” by The Wonder Kids
Did you know the classic Christmas carol can help kids learn to count and help improve their memory skills? We’ll admit—remembering everything in reverse order is quite the challenge.
18. “Run Rudolph Run” by Chuck Berry
If all your kids want for Christmas is a rock and roll electric guitar, then “Run Rudolph Run” is a must-listen this holiday season.
Best Songs for Christmas Dance Parties
19. “Christmas Tree” by Lady Gaga
If you have a little Lady Gaga fan, then queue “Christmas Tree” by Mother Monster up on Spotify. Its funky techno beats aren’t what you’d expect, but that’s part of the fun—and it’ll make everyone want to get up and dance.
20. “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” by NSYNC
We’d be remiss not to add this nostalgic holiday hit to the list. Ah, remember the ‘90s?
21. “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” by Brenda Lee
This fan-favorite will have everyone grooving in the “new old-fashioned way.” (Get it?)
22. “Sleigh Ride” by The Honey Sweets
Just hear the “sleigh bells ringle-ing, ting, ting, a-tingle-ing, too!” You’ve got to admit, it’s hard to resist dancing along to this festive tune.
23. “Wonderful Christmastime” by Diana Ross
As the song says, “The party’s on, the feeling’s here, that only comes this time of year.” Quick, someone light a yule log!
24. “Let It Snow” by Frank Sinatra
One of the best Christmas songs for kids is undoubtedly “Let It Snow,” and the rendition by Frank Sinatra, one of music’s true legends, is well worthy of a listen and a spot on your Christmas playlist.
25. “Underneath the Tree” by Kelly Clarkson
Add this Kelly Clarkson staple to your holiday dance playlist. This sweet song is one of the best Christmas songs for kids, but parents love it too. It’s also a great one to put on repeat while you spend the afternoon decorating the tree with homemade ornaments.
Best Songs for Christmas Eve
26. “Here Comes Santa Claus” by Mickey Mouse
As the fam prepares to set out the cookies for Santa Claus (don’t forget the milk!), hum this timeless carol.
27. “Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town” by The Jackson 5
If you really want to make Santa feel welcome, then playing this classic before bedtime just might do the trick. Don’t forget to include a mug of spiked eggnog with the cookies.
28. “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas” by The Drifters
Waking up to a blanket of snow on Christmas morning is by far one of the best things about the holiday.
29. “Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms
You can play it while you’re cooking, wrapping gifts or hosting a fun family gathering. Either way, “Jingle Bell Rock” is sure to lift everyone’s spirits.
30. “All I Want for Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth)” By The Chipmunks
For the record, the entire Christmas with The Chipmunks album is nothing short of brilliant. But this standout track—which features Theodore singing about his (missing) front teeth—is sure to be a hit with kids. Especially those with wiggly teeth who can relate.
31. “Away in a Manger” by Pentatonix
Add this classic Christmas carol to the choir book and introduce the kids to the antiquated tradition of caroling. And if they can do it acapella? Well, that’s mighty talent right there.
32. “Up on the Housetop” by Love to Sing
Get their imaginations going with this fun, traditional song—reindeer, chimneys, toys, sleigh and all. You’ll want to fire up the oven, because after one listen, the kids will be running to the kitchen to bake cookies for Santa to thank him for all his hard work.
33. “Little Drummer Boy” by Bing Crosby and David Bowie
Two music icons. One classic Christmas tune. Need we say more about why this is one of the best Christmas songs for kids?
34. “O Holy Night” by Mariah Carey
Show the kids that Ms. Mariah Carey has a holiday repertoire that goes beyond “All I Want for Christmas Is You.”
Best Songs for Christmas Day
35. “Christmas Time Is Here” by Vince Guaraldi Trio
The kids can snuggle in their pajamas, drink hot cocoa and simply bask in the glow of Christmas lights as they listen to this calming holiday tune.
36. “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” by Love to Sing
Inspire the young ones to spread holiday cheer on Christmas Day with this beloved classic.
37. “Frosty the Snowman” by Gene Autry
The cute jingle will appeal to audiences of all ages, from kindergarteners to college students. We also get the feeling that Olaf and Frosty would get along quite well if they ever met in real life.
38. “The First Noel” by The Countdown Kids
Need to wind things down after a full day of excitement? This calming Christmas carol should work like a charm.
39. “It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” by Andy Williams
We couldn't agree more! Only the holidays can give us memorable afternoons filled with ugly Christmas sweaters, stuffed stockings, festive lights and the works.
40. “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas” by Gayla Peevey
Warning: This song may or may not inspire your kids to dream up the most ridiculous Christmas wish list. We hope Santa is prepared for some outrageous requests.
41. “The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late)” by The Chipmunks
Of course, we couldn’t leave the original Christmas song by The Chipmunks off this list. Grab your hula hoops and get groovin’!
42. “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” by Elmo & Patsy
While we certainly don’t want our grandmas to actually be run over by an errant, antlered chauffeur, the kids are sure to get a kick out of this humorous, fantastical tune.
43. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Judy Garland
Sure, we’ve heard a million iterations of this Christmas tune, but who does it better than the Judy Garland? Her rendition appears in the 1944 film, Meet Me in St. Louis.
44. “The Christmas Song” by Nat King Cole
The music video alone will convince your kids that jazz is cool. But it’s also a nostalgic tune that needs to be played at least once during the holiday season, because it is truly one of the best Christmas songs for kids and adults. It’s Nat King Cole, come on.
45. “White Christmas” by Bing Crosby
Sure, there’s a jazzier version on this list, but this one’s the true classic. If you haven’t started a holiday tradition of watching White Christmas with the kiddos, are you even doing the holidays right?