10 Perfect Songs for Your Father-Daughter Dance
Aside from your vows, the father-daughter dance may be the most sentimental moment of your entire wedding. It’s no easy task choosing a three-minute song that perfectly sums up the most cherished moments shared between you and your dad. Here, ten sweet, and perhaps even a little nostalgic, tunes that aren’t Butterfly Kisses.
1. “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
It’s all about the ukulele.
2. “God Only Knows” by The Beach Boys
Equal parts sweet and nostalgic.
3. “Days Like This” by Van Morrison
'Cause no one knows how to brighten your day quite like Dad.
4. “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
A tad heavier, but always a crowd-pleaser.
5. “My Girl” by Otis Redding
Every dad has sung an embarrassing version of this classic to his little girl.
6. “The Way You Look Tonight” by Steve Tyrell
Cue the Father of the Bride references (and the waterproof mascara).
7. “How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You” by Marvin Gaye
The perfect tune for showing off your father-daughter dance moves.
8. “Ain’t That Love” by Ray Charles
Ditto the dance moves.
9. “I’ll Be There” by the Jackson 5
A heartwarming throwback that will have everyone singing along (and in tears).
10. “Moon River” by Andy Williams
The ultimate send-off for “two drifters…off to see the world.”