16 Awesome First Dance Songs That Aren’t “At Last”
Your first dance as husband and wife is kind of a big deal. Here, 16 crowd-pleasing options that aren’t overplayed and still deliver all the feels.
1. “Sea of Love” by Cat Power
Cue the Juno references but also the breathtaking chords.
2. “River” by Leon Bridges
Just jump ahead to the 1:30 mark.
3. “When I’m 64” by The Beatles
A cheekier tune because a marriage without quirks isn’t a marriage at all.
4. “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
After all, you’ll be loving each other till (insert breathy pause) you’re 70.
5. “All of Me” by John Legend
This music video = marriage dreams realized. (John + Chrissy for the win.)
6. “You Are the Best Thing” by Ray LaMontagne
For a tune that’s a little more upbeat…and hella romantic.
7. “Come Away With Me” by Norah Jones
Proof songs can be love letters.
8. “Let’s Stay Together” by Maroon 5
We love this modern take on the Al Green hit.
9. “It Had to Be You” by Harry Connick Jr.
If it was good enough for Harry and Sally and Marla Hooch, it’s good enough for us.
10. “I Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You” by Lauryn Hill
Voted “Most Likely to Get Other Couples Up on Their Feet” and get this party started.
11. “For Once In My Life” by Stevie Wonder
We all saw the Carpool Karaoke version. Enough said.
12. “All I Want Is You” by U2
You can’t go wrong with old-school U2. Bono = love.
13. “Cruisin” by Smokey Robinson
A classic that will leave you floating on cloud nine.
14. “You Send Me” by Sam Cooke
All we have to say is "wedding gold."
15. “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” by The Beach Boys
Runner-up: "God Only Knows." We’re crying listening to both, but your call.
16. “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King
It’s a classic for a reason, darling.