Sheet Pan Pierogi with Caramelized Cabbage, Onions and Dill
Tossing everything on a sheet pan to turn out a meal is great for convenience, but we often get bored of the same old formula every week. This recipe for sheet pan pierogi with caramelized cabbage, onions and dill has the same weeknight-friendly vibe, but with a bit more interest. (Hello, pierogi!) As an added bonus, it only takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish, and with less than ten ingredients.
½ head green cabbage, cored and sliced into 1-inch wedges
1 small yellow onion, sliced into ½-inch wedges
Extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
One 16-ounce package frozen cheese and potato pierogi
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup chopped fresh dill, plus more to garnish
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Arrange the cabbage and onion on a baking sheet and drizzle all over with olive oil, turning to coat both sides of the cabbage wedges. Season generously with salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
3. After ten minutes, add the pierogi to the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Return to the oven and cook until the cabbage and pierogi are beginning to brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, dill and lemon juice to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the pierogi and vegetables with the dill sauce and more fresh dill to garnish.