Dessert is always such a tough decision. Do I want cookies or brownies? Well, let us fill you in on a secret: You don't have to choose. These rich Oreo-stuffed brownies are truly the best of both worlds.
¾ cup vegetable oil (or other neutral oil)
1¾ cups semisweet chocolate chips
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
3 eggs, lightly whisked
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
9 Oreo cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and then line the pan with parchment paper, letting it hang 1 inch over the sides.
2. In a medium-size heat-safe bowl, combine the oil with the chocolate chips. Place the bowl over a medium pot of simmering water and stir until the chocolate is melted, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the bowl from the heat.
3. Whisk the sugars into the melted chocolate mixture. Add the whisked eggs gradually, mixing until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Add the flour and salt, and mix until fully incorporated. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.
5. Press the Oreo cookies into the brownie batter in a three-by-three grid. Use a spatula to help cover the cookies with batter, if needed. They should be fully submerged in the batter.
6. Bake until the brownies are set at the edges, 25 to 30 minutes. When you insert a toothpick into the center, it should come out clean.
7. Let the brownies cool completely. Once cool, cut into nine even pieces (each brownie should have one cookie in the middle). Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.