Shhh...These Pancakes Are Gluten-Free (and Absolutely Delicious)
Nothing says Sunday morning like a stack of homemade pancakes. And these pancakes have a little secret. They're made with almond flour, so they're totally gluten-free-but just as light and fluffy and delightful as traditional flapjacks.
3 cups almond flour
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
⅓ cup sugar
Pinch of cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (plus more for serving)
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Nonstick cooking spray
Maple syrup, for serving
1. In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour with the gluten-free all-purpose flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the melted butter and vanilla extract. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until well combined.
3. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Once hot, spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Pour ½-cup scoops of the batter onto the hot griddle. Use a spoon to spread the batter until it is about ¼-inch thick. This will make the pancakes a bit flatter.
5. Cook the pancakes until they are golden brown on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes, then flip the pancakes and cook until they’re golden on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes more.
6. Serve the pancakes immediately, topped with a pat of butter and maple syrup.