Flourless Oatmeal Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Chewy. Chocolaty. Great with milk. These flourless oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies are as tasty as--if not better than--the traditional kind. Best of all, they're gluten-free. So...cookies for everyone!
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4½ cups gluten-free oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
12 ounces dark chocolate chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugars until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the side of the bowl after each is incorporated. Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the oats with the baking powder, cinnamon and salt to combine. Add the oat mixture to the mixer and mix to combine. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
5. Scoop out mounds of cookie dough 2 tablespoons in size and place on the baking sheets, staggering the cookies to allow room for them to spread while baking. Bake until evenly golden, 18 to 20 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through the baking time.
6. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely. The cookies will keep in an airtight container for 5 days.