Easy Nutella Mousse
We know you’ve got a jar of Nutella stashed in your pantry. (We definitely do.) So why don’t you go grab it and treat yourself to this easy Nutella mousse recipe? It’s basically as if chocolate-hazelnut spread and cheesecake had a baby. Rich, creamy and worth every spoonful.
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
¾ cup Nutella (store-bought or homemade)
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Whipped cream, as needed for finishing (optional)
2 tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts
2 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese with the Nutella and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; wipe out the mixer bowl.
2. In the bowl of the electric mixer, this time fitted with the whip attachment, whip the cream to soft peaks. Add the sugar and vanilla extract, and whip to medium peaks.
3. Add a third of the whipped cream to the Nutella mixture and fold with a rubber spatula to combine. Add another third of the whipped cream and repeat, folding until incorporated. Add the final third and fold to combine.
4. Divide the mousse among 4 to 6 serving dishes and chill for 30 to 45 minutes (or up to overnight, covered).
5. To serve, top each mousse with a dollop of whipped cream, if using, and then garnish with 1 to 2 teaspoons hazelnuts and chocolate.