Isn't it the saddest when you run out of your favorite box(es) of Girl Scout Cookies? If Do-si-dos are your jam, then this milkshake recipe inspired by said cookies is the only thing you'll need to get you through. Well, looks like it's time to whip out the blender.
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 small peanut butter cookies (or shortbread cookies)
½ pint vanilla ice cream
¼ cup whole milk
Whipped cream, for finishing
1. In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter with the confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract to combine.
2. Scoop a quarter of the peanut butter onto the back of a spoon and then swipe it across the inside of a tall glass. Repeat with the remaining peanut butter mixture to cover most of the inside of the glass.
3. In a blender, pulse the cookies until they are coarse crumbs. Remove and reserve 1 tablespoon of the crumbs.
4. Add the ice cream and milk to the blender and blend until smooth. Pour the milkshake into the peanut-butter-lined cup.
5. Serve immediately, garnished with whipped cream and the reserved cookie crumbs.