Coconut Cloud Smoothie
We’re big fans of the viral Coconut Cloud Smoothie, but we’re not a huge fan of the price (not to mention it’s only available in Los Angeles). Instead, we found a way to make our own version right at home, using fresh, better-for-you ingredients from Simple Truth. Start with Simple Truth Organic Plain Greek Yogurt, blueberries and baby spinach and whip together to create *two* different colored smoothies. Then swirl the two between clouds (sorry, we had to) of coconut cream. Psst, you might want to double the batch so you can freeze some of the mixture to enjoy later on.
½ cup unsweetened Coconut Cream or one 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
1 ripe banana, frozen
1 Simple Truth Organic ripe avocado
1 cup Simple Truth Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
½ cup packed Simple Truth Organic Baby Spinach, divided
½ cup Simple Truth Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tablespoon Simple Truth Smooth Almond Butter
1 scoop Simple Truth Vanilla Whey Protein Powder, optional
⅓ cup Simple Truth Organic Blueberries
½ cup banana
Simple Truth Organic Honey, as needed
1. The night before making the smoothie, place the coconut cream or coconut milk into the fridge to chill. This allows the cream to solidify and rise to the top of the can.
2. When you are ready to make the smoothie, open the can and scoop ¼ cup of the solidified cream into a medium bowl. Whisk until light and fluffy. Spoon half of the cream into the bottom of a glass. Reserve the remaining cream for the top.
3. In a high-speed blender, add the banana, avocado, Simple Truth Organic Whole Milk Greek yogurt, half of the Simple Truth Organic Baby Spinach, Simple Truth Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk, Simple Truth Organic Smooth Almond Butter, and Simple Truth Organic Vanilla Whey Protein powder (if using). Blend until smooth.
4. Pour half of the smoothie into the glass, then return the pitcher to the blender base. Add the remaining Simple Truth Organic Baby Spinach and the Simple Truth Organic Blueberries and blend again until smooth. Pour into the cup over the light green smoothie.
5. Top with the remaining coconut cream and use a spoon to swirl the colors into a marble pattern. Drizzle with Simple Truth Organic Honey as needed for extra sweetness.