Cake Batter Waffles
Raise your hand if you love Funfetti. Everyone? We had a feeling. That's why we're totally excited to share our recipe for sprinkle-laced waffles. Serve them for Sunday brunch...or à la mode for dessert. Your call.
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2¼ cups whole milk
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup rainbow sprinkles, plus more for finishing
1 cup heavy cream
⅓ cup confectioners' sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Make the Waffles: In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the sugar, baking powder and salt to combine.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the milk with the melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract to combine. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, and whisk to combine. Stir in the sprinkles.
3. Preheat the waffle iron, and preheat the oven to 200°F. Lightly spray the iron with nonstick spray, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Ladle batter into the waffle iron. Prepare the waffles according to the manufacturer’s instructions, 3 to 6 minutes.
5. When the waffles are done, remove them with tongs and place on the prepared baking sheet. Hold the waffles in the oven while you finish making the rest.
6. Make the Whipped Cream: Continue to hold all the waffles in the oven while you make the whipped cream. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whip attachment, whip the cream to soft peaks. Add the confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract, and whip to medium peaks.
7. To serve, put two waffles on a plate and top with ¼ cup whipped cream and a smattering of sprinkles.