Brussels Sprout Sliders
Fun fact: Brussels sprouts make the cutest little slider “buns” in the universe. Load them up with prosciutto, mini mozzarella balls (aka bocconcini) and sliced cherry tomatoes, set ’em out at your cocktail party and they’ll be gone in three minutes flat.
30 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces prosciutto, cut into 1-inch strips
4 ounces bite-size fresh mozzarella balls
10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
Toothpicks, as needed
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with the butter and olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
2. Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a baking sheet and arrange them in an even layer, cut side down. Roast until the Brussels sprouts are tender and lightly golden, 17 to 20 minutes.
3. Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven and cool until easy to handle.
4. To assemble the sliders, fold 2 or 3 strips of prosciutto on one half of a Brussels sprout. Top with a mozzarella ball, a cherry tomato slice and another Brussels sprout half; secure with a toothpick.
5. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.