Breakfast Pizza Is the Best Way to Start the Day
Sure, we've been known to eat last night's pizza for breakfast (cold, of course). But we decided, since we're adults and all, that we needed a proper breakfast pizza recipe in our life. Like one with eggs and bacon and all that tasty stuff. It's gonna be a good day.
⅔ cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 ball pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
1 cup arugula
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. If you have a pizza stone, place it on the bottom rack of your oven before you turn on the heat.
2. Make the Sauce: In a small pot, heat the cream over medium heat. When it begins to simmer, stir in the Parmesan, garlic powder and black pepper. Remove the pot from the heat and cool slightly.
3. Make the Pizza: Oil a baking sheet with the olive oil. Turn the dough out onto the baking sheet and stipple with your fingers into a ½-inch-thick circle.
4. Spread an even layer of Parmesan sauce over the pizza dough. Crack the eggs onto the pizza and then arrange the tomatoes and bacon around the eggs.
5. Transfer the pizza to the oven (onto the pizza stone, if using) and bake until the eggs are cooked and the crust is beginning to turn golden brown, 10 to 13 minutes.
6. Remove the pizza from the oven and arrange the arugula on top. Slice and serve immediately.