Pumpkin Pie with Cinnamon-Roll Crust
Ladies and gentlemen, now introducing the dessert of your dreams: pumpkin pie with a cinnamon-roll crust. (The crowd goes wild!) You can achieve rock-star status this holiday—or any day—with our easy-to-assemble pie. We stick with traditional pumpkin custard for the filling, but we go all out with a crust made of cinnamon rolls.
1 recipe cinnamon-roll pie crust
One 14-ounce can pumpkin puree
One 14-ounce can evaporated milk
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin-pie spice
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Whipped cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Make the Crust: Prepare the crust according to the instructions. Once the pie plate is lined with dough, transfer it to the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
4. Make the Filling: In a medium bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree with the evaporated milk, sugar, pumpkin-pie spice, vanilla extract and eggs to combine. Pour the custard into the chilled piecrust.
5. Bake: Place the pie in the oven and bake until the custard is set around the edge but slightly jiggly in the middle, about 50 minutes to 1 hour. If the crust begins to brown too quickly, cover the edge all around with foil.
6. Serve: When the pie is finished baking, cool until it reaches room temperature, at least 1 hour. At this point, the pie can be sliced and served or refrigerated until ready to serve. Use a sharp knife to slice the pie, and serve each piece topped with a generous dollop of whipped cream.