4-Ingredient Lemon Cookies
Reasons we love these cookies: 1) They're lemony. 2) They're light as clouds. 3) They call for only four ingredients. Oh, and they’re ready to eat in 15 minutes.
The secret is twofold: A box of lemon cake mix eliminates all the measuring and mixing of dry ingredients, and store-bought whipped topping (such as Cool Whip) serves as the bulk of the wet ingredients (and provides the fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth texture). Add two eggs, some confectioners’ sugar and voilà, dessert is ready.
You’re very welcome.
One 18.25-ounce box lemon cake mix
1¼ cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 large eggs
Confectioners’ sugar, as needed for finishing
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift the cake mix into a large bowl. Whisk in the whipped topping and eggs, and mix well to combine.
3. Scoop mounds of batter, about 2 tablespoons each, onto the prepared baking sheets (staggered and spaced about 1 inch apart).
4. Sift confectioners’ sugar generously over the mounds of batter. Bake until the cookies are crackled across the surface and lightly golden at the edges, 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Let cool completely on the baking sheets and then serve or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.