Baked Eggs & Potatoes
Ladies, we’re flattered you made our 20-minute mashed potatoes for dinner last night. (#blushing) But here's a question: What are you going to do with the leftovers? We think you should definitely turn them into breakfast. In this recipe, we stir some bacon into the potatoes, divide the mixture into individual portions and form a little well in the center. Then we crack an egg into each one and bake the whole thing until the eggs are set but the yolks are still runny and the potatoes are crisp around the edges.
4 cups mashed potatoes
6 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or use lightly greased individual baking dishes).
2. In a medium bowl, add the bacon to the potatoes and mix to combine.
3. Scoop 4 even portions of mashed potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush each potato mound with melted butter.
4. Use a spoon to create a well in the center of each potato mound, then crack an egg into each one. Top each egg with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake until the potatoes are golden brown and the eggs are set but still slightly jiggly in the center, 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Serve immediately while warm.