7 Layer Dip
What do all parties have in common? They're the perfect opportunity to make this dip. Not that you need an excuse to whip up this crowd favorite, which features seven layers of Mexican-inspired goodness, but, you know, just in case.
1½ cups sour cream
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
One 15-ounce can refried beans
One 4-ounce can green chiles
2 cups guacamole
1½ cups salsa
1¼ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup chopped scallions
Tortilla chips, as needed for serving
1. In a small bowl, mix the sour cream with the taco seasoning to combine.
2. In another small bowl, mix the beans with the chiles to combine.
3. In the base of an 8-by-4-inch casserole dish (or other small casserole dish, if you don't own this size), spread the beans in an even layer.
4. Spread an even layer of guacamole over the beans.
5. Spread an even layer of sour cream over the guacamole.
6. Spread an even layer of salsa over the sour cream.
7. Sprinkle an even layer of cheese over the salsa. Top with the tomatoes, then the scallions. Serve with tortilla chips.
Note: You can make this 7 layer dip up to 12 hours ahead and refrigerate it until ready to serve.