Between delays and ultra-crowded trains, New Yorkers have quite a few complaints about the subway. But a new promotion launched by the Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau (HVCB) could make the daily commute a little more palatable.
One lucky New Yorker (and a plus-one), will be flown all the way from NYC to one of the Hawaiian islands. And all you need is a MetroCard for the chance to embark on this incredible trip.
Here’s how you can win: From now through April 30, participating MTA vending machines will be filled with 250,000 Hawaii-branded MetroCards. Anyone who purchases one of these refillable cards can then go to www.hawaii.nyc to enter the code printed on the back. Once registered, the MetroCard holder will be entered into the giveaway. A drawing to select the winner will be on Wednesday, May 8.
According to Travel & Leisure, the stations selling the cards are:
- 72nd and Amsterdam (1, 2 and 3 trains)
- 86th and Lexington (4, 5 and 6 trains)
- 59th and Columbus (A, B, C and D trains)
- 23rd and 8th (C and E trains)
- 14th and Union Square (L, N, Q, R, W, 4, 5 and 6 trains)
- Broadway & Lafayette at Houston (B, D, F and M trains)
- Fulton Street (A, C, J, Z, 2, 3, 4 and 5 trains)
- Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center (B, Q, 2, 3, 4 and 5 trains)
In a statement, Jay Talwar, chief marketing officer of HVCB, said, “New Yorkers are some of the hardest working people on the planet and the subway is a pivotal part of their everyday lives. We appreciate the hustle of New York City, but know that New Yorkers crave time to get refreshed and inspired.”
For more information about the promo—including official rules—visit hawaii.nyc.