- In honor of Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee, the royal family shared a brand-new portrait of Her Majesty that featured Windsor Castle’s Round Tower in the background. She wrote, “Thank you to everyone who has been involved in convening communities, families, neighbours and friends to mark my Platinum Jubilee, in the United Kingdom and across the Commonwealth.”
- The royal family gathered on the Buckingham Palace balcony for the culmination of Trooping the Colour. This included Queen Elizabeth, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Prince Charles, Camilla Parker Bowles and Princess Anne.
- For the special occasion, the queen brought back one of her most dazzling accessories: the Brigade of Guards brooch.
- The Duchess of Cambridge donned a white blazer dress designed by Alexander McQueen, which she previously wore to a 2021 reception.
- Middleton was in full-on parenting mode during the family’s balcony appearance, corralling the kids and stopping them from making silly faces at the crowd.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were spotted through a Buckingham Palace window during the Horse Guards Parade. Sadly, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex didn’t bring their two children: Archie and Lilibet.
- There’s a valid reason why Queen Elizabeth has two birthdays. Although she was actually born on April 21, the queen also has a celebratory birthday in June (AKA Trooping the Colour).
Royal News Roundup: Meghan & Harry Reunite with the Fam, Kate Dons a Stunning Rewear & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of June 2, 2022.
- The royal family posted a slideshow of never-before-seen photos that were taken when the queen was a young girl.
- Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis made their debut at the Trooping the Colour parade in a horse-drawn carriage. The trio looked dapper as they waved to fans sending well-wishes.
- Prince Louis re-wore a sailor suit that was first donned by his father, Prince William, in his youth (per People).
- During the procession, Princess Charlotte had a classic sibling moment with Prince Louis. Char noticed that Louis was eagerly waving to the crowd, so she clamped her hand on top of his as if to say, “Chill, Louis.”
- During the flypast by the Royal Air Force, Prince Louis reacted to the noise by covering his ears and making funny faces. Thankfully, the relatable moment was captured by photographers.
- Prince George seemed so grown up during the Trooping the Colour event—so much so that he’s starting to resemble his dad.
Dominic Lipinski/POOL/AFP/GETTY IMAGES
- Last week, Middleton attended a garden party at Buckingham Palace and wore a stunning mint green dress (designed by Emilia Wickstead, per People) that featured long puffy sleeves and a ruffled collar.
- Markle made a quiet visit to Uvalde, Texas, where she laid flowers at a memorial for the victims of the shooting. She then surprised volunteers at a local blood drive and donated food to the Herby Ham Activity Center.
- BBC released the full lineup for the “Platinum Party at the Palace” concert, which will celebrate the monarch’s 70-year reign on the throne. The two-and-a-half-hour show will feature big names from across Europe and America.
- Former royal chef Darren McGrady recently revealed in an interview with Coffee Friend that Princess Diana and her boys, Prince William and Prince Harry, had a casual weekend tradition. He said, “On a Saturday night, you’d see Diana sitting down in front of the TV eating dinner with her boys, it just made everything so normal.”
- Per People, Princess Diana’s famous wedding tiara will now be on display at Sotheby’s auction house in an exhibition called Power & Image: Royal & Aristocratic Tiaras.
- Queen Elizabeth attended the 2022 Chelsea Flower Show in London and wore a bright pink coat over a floral dress. Her brooch held a special meaning because it was a birthday gift from her parents, King George VI and the Queen Mother.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Sarah Ferguson Honors Cancer Prevention Action Week With a Special Message (& Brief Health Update)
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Break Silence on Their Canada Visit in New Interview
Zendaya & Timothée Chalamet Had a Major Twinning Moment at 'Dune: Part 2' Premiere
Royal Family Shares Striking New Photos of Princess Anne
Ayo Edebiri’s Reaction to Meeting Prince William Caught on Camera and It’s Too Relatable (and So Funny)
Prince Harry Plans on Returning to U.K. in Very Near Future