- King Charles III had quite the special guest this weekend: U.S. President Joe Biden.
- Upon President Biden's arrival at Windsor Castle, a Guard of Honour from The Prince of Wales’s Company of The Welsh Guards, supported by The Band of The Welsh Guards, paraded in the Quadrangle to welcome the leader.
- Meanwhile, King Charles and President Biden had tea together, before the king showed the political leader an exhibition of items from the Royal Collection relating to the United States of America.
Royal News Roundup: King Charles Welcomes President Biden, Princess Eugenie Gets Special New Role & More
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of July 13, 2023.
- In other news, King Charles and Queen Camilla visited the Scottish Borders, where the couple stopped by the Lochcarron of Scotland textile company, the Great Tapestry of Scotland and the town of Selkirk.
- Meanwhile, Prince Edward hosted the Gold Award celebration event in the gardens of the Palace of Holyroodhouse, where he made a speech honoring the over-700 awardees.
- Princess Anne opened the Bradford Royal Infirmary’s new Maternity theatres, where nearly 2,000 babies have already been born.
- We're also in the midst of the Wimbledon tournament and Queen Camilla took the time to go meet with a few of the ball girls and boys, as well as other workers who are keeping the show running behind the scenes.
- Princess Eugenie, less than two months after welcoming her second child, revealed that she has a special new role on the advisory board of Goals House, an org dedicated to achieving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- While King Charles recently celebrated his second coronation as king, royal followers were quick to notice three absences in the ceremony: Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis. However, People pointed out that this is the last week of school for the young royals, so their parents let them stay home instead of attending the event.
- Besides his second coronation, King Charles also saw the 40th anniversary of The Prince's Trust, an organization he founded during his time as the Prince of Wales in an effort to promote sustainability.
- After displaying a little PDA last week, Prince William and Kate Middleton expressed their love yet again at the 2023 Royal Charity Polo Cup, when they exchanged pecks on the cheek.
- Only a few days prior, the Princess of Wales sported a mint green Balmain blazer, which was a fashionable nod to her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana (who wore a similar design in September 1990).
- Speaking of style, Meghan Markle recently went on an afternoon stroll with Prince Harry, where she donned Janessa Leoné’s Michon Hat ($267) in bleach. Guess we've found our new go-to summer accessory.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.