- Kate Middleton teased her new project, Shaping Up, on her official Instagram page. The video featured her finely manicured hands flipping through a book.
- Princess Catherine debuted a new Instagram page (which is separate from the one she shares with her husband, Prince William) for The Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood. And for her first post, the royal celebrated the launch of Shaping Up.
- During a trip to Leeds, the Princess of Wales proved that the royal family’s “no selfie” rule no longer applies to her. The duchess happily posed for a photo while chatting with someone in the crowd.
- Last week, Princess Catherine hosted an event at Windsor Castle with experts who specialize in early childhood development. The duchess wore a pair of pearl earrings that paid tribute to Queen Elizabeth.
- Australia’s Reserve Bank announced that Queen Elizabeth II will be removed from the country’s five dollar bill. (And no, King Charles won’t replace her.)
Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton Launches New Project, King Charles Hosts Celebration & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of February 2, 2023.
- On a recent episode of Royally Obsessed, podcast hosts Roberta Fiorito and Rachel Bowie discussed the origin story behind Princess Diana’s Philadelphia Eagles jacket.
- People published an old letter that was written by the late Queen Elizabeth. The monarch was thanking her veterinarian, Harold Swann, after the passing of her beloved corgi Susan.
- King Charles III shared a heartfelt message on Instagram in honor of International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
- The monarch also posted a personal letter for those who are impacted by the floods in New Zealand. It read, “I send my thoughts and prayers to all those who are supporting response and recovery efforts.”
- King Charles and his wife, Camilla Parker Bowles, hosted a celebration at Buckingham Palace in honor of British East and South-East Asian communities.
- The Queen Consort visited Book Aid’s London warehouse to help prepare items for shipment. This included stamping a stack of books before packaging.
- In an Instagram post, Ina Garten revealed that she’s reading Prince Harry’s memoir, Spare. She wrote, “It’s so good!!”
- This week, the Countess of Wessex visited Smerrill Dairy to learn more about the company and the Addington Fund.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
Shop Kate Middleton-Inspired Fashion:
More Stories You'll Love
Adam Sandler Gets His Jab at Jennifer Aniston After She Jokingly Dissed Him at ‘Murder Mystery 2’ Premiere
This 106-Year-Old Woman Just Became the Oldest 'Vogue' Cover Model Ever
Jennifer Coolidge Referenced Her Iconic ‘White Lotus’ Character at GLAAD Awards: ‘Here I Am Again, Surrounded by Gays’
Kaley Cuoco Welcomes Baby Girl and Gives Us Our First Glimpse at Her Bundle of Joy
King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla Share Personal Message of Thanks Following State Visit to Germany
Drew Barrymore Experiences ‘First Perimenopause Hot Flash’ During a Live Interview—See Her Reaction