- On Christmas Day, Prince William, Kate Middleton and their three children—Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis—attended the Christmas service at St. Mary Magdalene.
- On December 25, the Prince and Princess of Wales unveiled a new portrait of their three kids. Similar to the photo featured in their Christmas card for 2023, this black and white pic shows the three siblings hugging while sitting on a wooden bench.
- Catherine hosted the third annual Royal Carols: Together at Christmas, which aired on Christmas Eve. In an interview, American Idol contestant Adam Lambert (who performed during the TV special) recounted the moment he first met the royal princess.
- Earlier in December, Princess Catherine attended the annual Royal Variety Performance at London’s Royal Albert Hall. While there, she talked to Chinese pianist Lang Lang and shared that her daughter, Princess Charlotte, has a passion for playing the piano (just like her!).
- The Prince and Princess of Wales’s Christmas card photographer, Josh Shinner, reshared the family’s holiday card portrait for 2023 on IG and revealed what it was like working with the royals.
- Princess Catherine and Prince William said goodbye to 2023 by sharing a year-end recap video titled “This Was 2023” on social media, which featured an assortment of pics and vids taken throughout the year.
Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton Unveils Portrait of 3 Kids, Baby King Charles Appears in Throwback Pic & More
Plus, we got two royal year-end recap videos
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
Here’s all the royal news you need to know from the holidays through January 4, 2024
- In the spirit of the holidays, the Royal Collection Trust released two Christmas portraits sent out by the royal family in the 1930s and '40s. One. One showed a then-Princess Elizabeth smiling and holding up baby Charles while the other showed King George VI posing next to his wife and two daughters.
- Back in December of 2023, Sarah “Fergie” Ferguson posted a rare update about Queen Elizabeth’s corgis, Muick and Sandy, on her personal IG account.
- Sophie, the Duchess of Edinburgh, attended Catherine’s third annual “Together at Christmas” concert at Westminster Abbey last month. She was spotted wearing an eye-catching Suzannah London coat with a white midi dress from Me + Em ($285) and a pair of brown statement boots.
- On New Year’s Day, King Charles and Queen Camilla posted a 2023 highlight reel on the royal family’s IG page, which featured a surprise carriage cam video.
- Princess Diana’s younger brother, Charles Spencer, posted an extremely rare sketch of a distant ancestor on Instagram, and royal fans couldn’t help but notice the resemblance between them.
- The historical author also shared a throwback portrait of his late father, John Spencer, on IG and royally-obsessed fans quickly pointed out the uncanny resemblance between the 8th Earl Spencer and his great-grandchild, Prince George.
- An evening gown once worn by Princess Diana was put up for sale by Julien's Auctions last month. It sold for a record-breaking $1,148,080 (11 times its original price).
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.