The weather is slowly but surely warming up, and we're itching to get outside and enjoy it. But first, we'll need a good outdoor setup. Enter: wicker patio furniture. Reportedly one of the oldest furniture-making methods known to mankind, this technique tends to produce natural-looking pieces with intricate detailing in earthy tones that make it a timeless classic. More importantly, however, many wicker chairs, tables, sofas and the like are weather-resistant, as they're often woven with synthetic material that's designed to withstand Mother Nature—even during her worst of tantrums. Here are some of the best wicker patio furniture pieces to pick up for your deck, patio or balcony.
The 30 Best Wicker Patio Furniture Pieces to Spice Up Your Deck This Spring
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
What is Wicker Patio Furniture Made Of?
Contrary to popular belief, wicker is not a material but a weaving technique that results in an overlapping pattern. The material it's made with varies and has different benefits, depending on whether it's natural wicker or synthetic.
- Natural wicker: This type of wicker is typically made using plants, such as rattan (a vine that grows in tropical regions), willow, sea grass or raffia. Contrary to what you might believe, natural wicker is actually not a great choice for patio furniture, as it can fade in the sun, crack in the cold and stain at the drop of a hat.
- Synthetic wicker: Synthetic wicker, on the other hand, has all-weather characteristics that make it a bit tougher under grueling conditions. It can be made with high-density polyethylene (HDPE) or polyvinyl chloride (PVC), though HDPE is preferred, as it's a bit harder and stronger. (Read: it'll last you thought a few more seasons of fun in the sun.) It's lightweight and easy to clean, too.
How to Clean Wicker Patio Furniture
Because wicker patio furniture is largely used outdoors, it can take a heavy beating on the dirt front, so it's important to keep up with maintenance if you want your purchase to last. It is recommended to wipe down wicker after it gets exposed to water to help prevent sagging, mold or mildew, and clean it section-by-section to prevent it from getting wet all at once using dish soap and a toothbrush or a soft-bristled scrub brush regularly. If you do notice mold or mildew, the best course of action is to use a solution that's made with one fourth vinegar and three fourths water.
The Best Wicker Patio Furniture at a Glance
- Best Wicker Patio Chairs: Voysign Wicker Patio Chairs
- Best Wicker Couch: Sunvivi Wicker Couch
- Best Wicker Bar: Crosley Palm Harbor Wicker Bar
- Best Wicker Bench: Tangkula Wicker Bench
- Best Wicker Loveseat: Super Patio Wicker Loveseat
- Best Wicker Patio Set: Wisteria Lane Wicker Patio Set
- Best Small Wicker Patio Set: Greesum Wicker Patio Set
- Best Reclining Wicker Chair: Domi Reclining Wicker Patio Chair
- Best Wicker Patio Swivel Chairs: Phi Villa Wicker Patio Swivel Chairs
- Best Wicker Dining Set: Suncrown Wicker Patio Dining Set
- Best Wicker Sectional Set: Sand & Stable Nicosia Wicker Sectional Set
- Best Large Wicker Sectional Set: West Elm Coastal Wicker Sectional Set
- Best Wicker Coffee Table: Tangkula Wicker Coffee Table
- Best Wicker Egg Chair: Threshold Studio McGee Wicker Egg Chair
- Best Wicker Armchairs: StyleWell Coco Breeze Wicker Armchairs
- Best Wicker Chat Set: Hampton Bay Summerhaven Wicker Chat Set
- Best Wicker Lounge Chair: Frontgate Carlisle Wicker Lounge Chair
- Best Wicker Table: Kiawah Wicker Table
- Best Wicker Storage Tables: Frontgate Alma Wicker Storage Tables
- Best Wicker Storage Chest: Frontgate Wicker Storage Chest
- Best Hanging Wicker Chair: Serena & Lily Hanging Wicker Chair
- Best Wicker Tete-a-Tete: Serena & Lily Avalon Wicker Tete-a-Tete
- Best Wicker Collection: Best Choice Products Wicker Patio Set
- Best Wicker Chaise: Frontgate Santino Wicker Patio Chaises
- Best Wicker Bar Table: Best Choice Products Wicker Bar Table
- Best Outdoor Wicker Rocking Chairs: W Unlimited Saturn Wicker Rocking Chairs
- Best Wicker Dining Chairs: West Elm Coastal Wicker Dining Chairs
- Best Wicker Daybed: Latitude Run Wicker Daybed
- Best Wicker Hammock Chairs: George Oliver Englewood Hammock Chairs
- Best Wicker Sofa: Sunvivi Wicker Sofa
Best Wicker Patio Chairs
- Why We Love It: Inexpensive, minimalist design
With a steel frame that's been treated with anti-rust material and a weather-resistant polyethylene rattan, these simple chairs will last you for years to come. Add in the ultra-comfy thick cushions and curved backrest and arms that have been designed to align with the shape of your body, and you've got the perfect seat for your outdoor space.
Best Wicker Couch
- Why We Love It: Customizable, lightweight
If you're the type who's constantly rearranging your living area, this modern design is for you. The lightweight pieces, which include two corner sofa seats and a middle sofa seat, pull apart for easy maneuverability, so you can style your outdoor space to your heart’s content. You can also choose from four cushion colors and seat sizes. What’s not to like?
Best Wicker Bar
- Why We Love It: 2 matching stools, classy look
This 4-foot tall bar with two matching stools is the perfect height for setting up shop in the backyard and enjoying a Moscow mule. Its also weatherproof to withstand a sprinkle or two, looks plenty classy, according to shoppers who've bought it, and comes with a 90-day manufacturer's warranty.
Best Wicker Bench
- Why We Love It: Holds up to three people, anti-slip feet
This wicker garden bench can hold up to a whopping 800 pounds, or roughly three people at a time. You also won’t have to worry about it slipping and sliding, thanks to the anti-slip mats at the feet. Its PE rattan frame and acacia wood arms also mean that it will be plenty weather-resistant in your backyard, so you can read a book while enjoying some sunshine.
Best Wicker Loveseat
- Why We Love It: Removable, spill-repellent cushions, seats can be separated
This hand-woven loveseat comes with two zippered cushions that are not only removable, making them easy to clean, but they have straps that prevent them from moving around when you're sitting on them. They're also spill-repellent. Use it as a standalone piece or mix and match it with other furniture in your yard, since the seats also come apart for easy arranging.
Best Wicker Patio Set
- Why We Love It: Great value, easy assembly
The whole family can enjoy this hand-woven PE rattan four-piece set, which comes complete with a loveseat, two armchairs and a tempered glass-top table. Customers say it's at a great value for the money, and thanks to the easy assembly, you'll be sitting on your own private deck oasis in no time.
Best Small Wicker Patio Set
- Why We Love It: Compact, resistant to rust
If you don't have enough space for a full setup, this smaller one, which has two single seats and a petite glass table, will still make you feel cozy without taking up every square inch of your balcony. Its rattan material is also resistant to rust and corrosion, making it a good investment piece. Did we also mention that you can get all three pieces for $150?
Best Reclining Wicker Patio Chair
- Why We Love It: High-quality, great for relaxing
Want to take a cat nap in the sun? This cushioned chair reclines by up to 135 degrees for a super relaxing experience. It's got extra-thick padding and the exterior is made of HDPE rattan wicker that's reportedly UV-resistant up to 3,000 hours. If that’s not enough, it also comes with spill-resistant treating.
Best Wicker Patio Swivel Chairs
- Why We Love It: Durable, handmade
We can’t decide what we love more about these chairs—the fact that they rotate by a full 360 degrees, or their high-back design, which offers extra supportive for your head and neck. The handmade rattan, which is wrapped at the edges for extra enforcement, is plenty strong (each one holds up to 350 pounds), and it's UV-resistant, too.
Best Wicker Dining Set
- Why We Love It: Family dining, ergonomic design
Want to bring everyone together for dinner? Feast your eyes upon this stylish five-piece outdoor dining set. It includes a sleek, square-shaped glass-top table and four chairs with high, ergonomic backs that pair perfectly with its centerpiece. Its aluminum legs make it plenty stable, and the strong wicker will hold up against all kinds of weather.
Best Wicker Patio Sectional
- Why We Love It: Streamlined design, good color options
This elegant, L-shaped three-piece sectional, which comes with a table and two seating pieces, will be perfect for gabfests with your best gal pals, since it comfortably seats three to four. And if they happen to spill a little pinot grigio? It'll be no sweat on account of the removable, water-repellant cushions (which, FYI, are also ultra supportive for your back). The frame, meanwhile, is UV-, rust-, weather- and water-resistant.
Best Large Wicker Sectional Set
- Why We Love It: Handwoven, can mix and match pieces
This elegant sectional allows you to design your own setup, since you can mix and match any of the five available pieces (we've got our eye on that chic sofa in particular). Each one is handwoven in Indonesia with an all-weather-treated wicker that's designed to be impervious to fading, cracking and sagging. Choose between a natural brown or chic gray wicker, depending on your desired aesthetic.
Best Wicker Patio Coffee Table
- Why We Love It: Unique design, umbrella insert
This round glass coffee table will be just the thing for holding your books and beverages, as its weather-resistant to withstand summer showers and also has a handy insert for a patio umbrella. The PE rattan wicker here is minimal, subtly lining the table's rim, but it's just enough to give it a classy, elevated feel.
Best Wicker Egg Chair
- Why We Love It: Sustainable element, encompassing shape
When you want to lounge—and we mean really lounge—opt for this unique chair that allows for ultimate comfort. It's wide enough to allow you to fully stretch out, and the contemporary overarching cage design will make you feel engulfed in relaxation.
Best Wicker Armchairs
- Why We Love It: Comes with a table, fade-resistant
With a stylish wingback design, these wicker armchairs are the definition of porch head-turners. They're made with a blend of polyester and olefin—a top-rated material when it comes to waterproofing—and the beige cushions are equipped with fade-resistance, so they'll stay nice and bright. As an added bonus, you'll get a matching table to complete the set.
Best Wicker Chat Set
- Why We Love It: Comes fully assembled, stacks for storage
If you’re a fan of S'mores, you won’t want to miss out on this five-piece set that comes with a wood-burning firepit and four chairs. The hand-woven resin wicker Adirondack chairs juxtapose the classy smooth wood-like finish of the pit and chair arms and legs, and there's an included mesh grate for safety. With a little care, you’ll be telling campfire stories around it with loved ones for years to come.
Best Wicker Lounge Chair
- Why We Love It: Seven positions, comes on wheels
Alexa, cue Sheryl Crow's "Soak Up the Sun." Not only can you bask in the day's rays with this lounge chair (there's a UV-resistant topcoat, so you'll be the only one catching color), it has seven adjustable positions for customizable comfort. Better yet, you can drag it to the pool when you get too hot thanks to its large rubber wheels.
Best Wicker Table
Why We Love It: Sturdy, easy to assemble
There's nothing relaxing about trying to juggle your lemonade, cell phone, book and mid-day snack on your lap when you're sunning yourself. Enter: this durable glass-top table. It has a strong, powder-coated steel frame (all the better for weather protection) and a classic resin wicker exterior. Better yet, the glass is set into a groove in the table, so you won't have to worry about it sliding around or blowing off in a storm. Enter coupon code GET15 to snag it an extra 15 percent off.
Best Wicker Storage Tables
- Why We Love It: Allows for storage, sustainably sourced teak
These sphere-shaped tables come with a removable top that allows for convenient storage of beach towels, pool floaties or anything else you might need while you're hanging outdoors. The high-quality, sustainably harvested teak, has natural oils and resin that make it impervious to water (bye-bye, mold) and dry rot. Choose between a coffee table, a side table or go wild and pick up both.
Best Wicker Storage Chest
- Why We Love It: Spacious, liner for mildew prevention
Want to keep your patio cushions nice and dry? Then you should check out this large, sturdy storage chest with a curved top that fights off moisture. There's an inner liner that will work overtime to prevent mildew, and the hand-woven wicker is treated to resist sun damage.
Best Hanging Wicker Chair
- Why We Love It: Vintage-inspired Scandinavian design, nice and sturdy sturdy
This hanging chair will make you feel like a kid again while looking plenty adult on your deck. It hangs from a nylon rope with a loop and has a scooped seat that will keep your body securely suspended. More importantly, it's been designed to withstand all kinds of outdoor conditions, from water and mildew to sun and heat. It comes cushionless, but on the plus side, you can decorate it with any color padding you like.
Best Wicker Tete-a-Tete
- Why We Love It: Victorian silhouette, three pieces in one
While this one won't fare so hot in sunny or rainy conditions, as it's constructed with an all-natural rattan frame with hand-wrapped detailing, it will be perfect for a screened-in patio or sunroom that keeps its frame protected from the elements. The cushions, meanwhile, which come in a breezy white solid or a blue pinstriped pattern that's made to order, are UV-resistant in case they catch some sunshine through the window. The clever, Victorian silhouette eliminates the need for a table, since there's a center armrest that will also hold your beverages, and you can use code GOFORIT to get an extra 20 percent off.
Best Wicker Collection
- Why We Love It: Versatile, no assembly
If you want to decorate your patio in a hurry, then invest in this five-piece set that includes two chairs, two ottomans and a side table, all of which are constructed with all-weather materials. It saves space, too, as the round table comes with a detachable lid that allows you to store items, and the ottomans can be conveniently slid underneath the chairs.
Best Wicker Patio Chaises
- Why We Love It: Naturally resistant to fungus and bugs, comfy seat
Mold and splinters won’t stand a chance against this set of chaises, thanks to their powder-coated finish and aluminum frame. They don't come with cushions, but the natural teak material is so comfy, you won't need them. They'll resist moisture and insects as well as fungal decay and rot, too, though you may want to position them on the lawn rather than concrete or brick, as the oils may stain should they get wet. Note that this type of material should also be regularly cleaned with a mild solution of bleach and detergent to help prevent mildew.
Best Wicker Bar Table
- Why We Love It: Added storage for entertainment, weather-resistant
If you’re a fan of serving drinks poolside, we've found the ultimate centerpiece for your next outdoor party. Not only does this hand-woven wicker piece come with two easy accessible racks for wine glasses (rosé, anyone?) it's great for storing cocktail mixers, ice and more. Once everyone has a beverage in hand, they can pull up a stool (sold separately) and enjoy.
Best Outdoor Wicker Rocking Chairs
- Why Why Love It: Long-lasting cushions, minimalist design
There's something so soothing about a nice rocking chair. This set of two features a sloped design that will gently support your back, and the cushions can reportedly withstand up to 4,000 hours of direct UV exposure—this according to the company.
Best Wicker Dining Chairs
- Why We Love It: Varying sizes, armless
Whether you have two, four or six seats to fill at the table, these detailed hand-woven wicker chairs will make your al fresco dining experience a pleasurable one this summer. They're armless, so you'll feel totally unrestricted, and they're made in Indonesia to resist cracking and sagging. Their foam cushions are also ultra-resilient, with zip-off covers that you can toss in the wash.
Best Wicker Daybed
- Why We Love It: Sun protection, room to sprawl
If you plan to make your larger patio space home base this summer, why not splurge on something with a little more room? This daybed, which is large enough for two, or even three, people to sprawl out on, has built-in sun protection and can shield computer screens from a glare for those who prefer to work outdoors. It also lowers back down when you want to bronze your bod. Additionally, the circular center cushion can be separated from the seats for use as a table, and it comes with a protective cover for stormy weather.
Best Wicker Hammock Chairs
- Why We Love It: Chic shape, easy to maintain
When you need to just kick back and shoot the breeze, these circular, low-sitting PE rattan wicker chairs will be perfect for casual lounging while sipping a cocktail or reading the latest Vogue. They’re easy to assemble and a no-brainer to care for, per the Wayfair shoppers who love them. “Affordable, comfortable, stylish and easy maintenance," gushed one reviewer, who added, "They look great in an awkward corner of my patio, and are so easy to keep clean!”
Best Wicker Sofa
- Why We Love It: Pull-apart design, vibrant color
This chic square sofa won’t take up too much space—especially since it has a clip design that allows you to separate it out into two standalone chairs. Its 4-inch cushions are some of the thickest we've seen, and there's a zipper for easy removal when you need to clean them. While you can choose from three different cushion colors, we're partial to the bold pop the pictured aquamarine hue affords.