6 Wayfair Shopping Hacks You Need to Know About
Any designer will tell you the key to a gorgeous home is incorporating pieces from a range of places and styles rather than buying everything all at once from one shop (and thus looking like your home is straight out of a catalog). But still, one online store offers so much variety—we’re talking literally millions of products—that we find ourselves coming back to it over and over again: Wayfair. There’s something to suit every taste, and best of all, it allows us to shop for high-end pieces, like this stunning upholstered bed, alongside affordable items you’d never guess were so budget-friendly.
Over the years, we’ve picked up some tips and tricks for finding the best pieces and deals on the site. Here, six Wayfair shopping hacks you need to have on your radar.
1. Search the “Room Ideas” Tab for Decorating InspoLook, we can’t all be interior designers, and that’s OK. If you’re stumped on where to start with your latest redecorating project, check out the “Room Ideas” tab on Wayfair. It has tons of shoppable photos of styled rooms, so you can even copy one of their rooms from floor to ceiling if you want to. Scroll through the “Celebrity Roomovers” from celebs like Jonathan Van Ness and Mandy Moore, or head to a specific category like “5-Star Dining Rooms” if you know what you’re looking for. Either way, you’re bound to click away with some clarity (and probably a new set of furniture).
2. Shop at 9 a.m. on Sale Days
There’s nothing worse than seeing a sale email a few hours too late and then discovering that your favorite pieces are already sold out. But we have some insider knowledge to prevent that: All of Wayfair’s sales launch at 9 a.m. Eastern on the sale day. So if you know a sale is about to drop, mark your calendar and refresh the site promptly at 9 a.m. to scoop up the best deals before everyone else does. Which brings us to our next tip...
3. Find Out About Deals Using the “Upcoming Sales” Tab
That’s right, Wayfair actually tells its customers about its sales before they launch. Just head to the “Upcoming Sales” page to see all the sales planned for the next week or so. If anything piques your interest, you can hit “Notify Me,” as long as you’re already logged into your Wayfair account, and they’ll remind you when the sale goes live.
4. Sign Up for Emails to Get Special Promo Codes
Head to your “My Account” page (or make an account, if you haven’t already), then click on email in the “Communications” section to update your email preferences. You can opt in for daily or weekly emails that include deals, special promotions and exclusive savings.
5. Learn Wayfair’s Best Sale Days of the Year
Mark your calendar for Way Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. For the uninformed, Way Day is Wayfair’s huge annual sale where you can score up to 80 percent off thousands of products. So it’s not an event you want to miss. While the company hasn’t officially announced the date for Way Day 2020, we’re guessing it will be sometime in April, given that the past two years’ sales have taken place in mid to late April.
6. Review What You Buy & Get Entered to Win $500
Yup, the rumors are true. Every time you buy something from Wayfair, remember to write a review of your new product. Once you do, you’ll be entered to win a $500 Wayfair credit (!). The brand selects a new winner each month, so keep submitting new reviews and you just mightget lucky.